Cant get certain transponders on 28E ... why?

martinw01908

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 9100 and 90cm dish motorised
My Location
South East Midlands
I have a weird problem with my reception on a friends Fortec box lent to me to update. I can't get any signal lock on any of these transponders:
10758 V (men & motors etc)
11934 V (BBC News BBC parliament)
12032 H (Teachers TV)
12051 V (Nuts TV, CNN)
12129 V
12207 V Sky News

According to Lyngsat and King of sat, these transponders are active. What could the problem be? I tried scanning them manually and double checked the polarization etc. I have no FEC settings on the Fortec box to enter.

Its been a crap evening really today , because I also managed to corrupt my flash of my Technomate 9100. I have a dead box, hence why I now have time to play with the Fortec

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Indeed very odd

The only one I would question is BBC news, it is on 11954 not 11934, the first frequency is on 2D and all the rest are on 2A South or 2B South. That is indeed very strange. I would just ensure that the fortec does not require a slightly longer central core for the F connector it has been documented before that this can cause strange problems.

christian_cov

Reaction score
Website
www.4hurtingchristians.com
My Satellite Setup
none given
My Location
UK
Who knows, terrible box, should have taken mine back it will crash if I try to move channels, lol, mad it is, then have to factory reset and start again.
Rare but can do the same on finding channels, rather deleting them, think the software, bit rubbish, can't handle too much.

Anyway, sorry, your problem, hmm, sure it is the box, not the dish, seems some dishes, even boxes for whatever reason, alignment, prefer say Hoz to vertical more, or vice versa.

Only other thing, is, oh yes, had this, probably because of short lead or box just to close to satellite dish, weird, but true.

No sky or BBC News, but Horse and Country booming through, then I remembered did that before, so sure enough put it on the long lead, which is what I was intending anyway, checked on box downstairs, and yes it is there, go figure.
So could be that it won't take channels too strong or too weak.

Because in finally putting my 65cm dish outside as opposed to behind the window, I have found some differences, some feeds lock at 30% and sort of play up, but are okay at 40%, others at 41 to 42% won't even lock, go figure again, lol, crazy eh.
Clearly, rather crazy to us, the signals are being transmitted in differing ways and strengths and so forth.

I'll have a quick look, as I'm no expert, new to this sort of thing really the last few months, but love helping if I can, at the possibility of these channels, having an similar link, in common, report back in a moment-o.

christian_cov

Reaction score
Website
www.4hurtingchristians.com
My Satellite Setup
none given
My Location
UK
Right your men and motors are on a 22000-5/6

Makes sure you are putting in 22000 and not 27500.

Yes BBC News moved, if your with Sky it's okay, if not as many free to view people are not, then it just vanishes with not a word, figured it out myself though, thanks to the net, so on.

Strange, 12032 H (Teachers TV) is on 27500 though.

Thing is apart from one, all are vertical and some are, though really that close, should not make any difference unless you have a dish inside as I'd sometimes find out, but some on are on 28.2 and others 28.5.

I still suspect the dish to cable to box, something not quite on, oh that was it, can you do something for me.

The channels you do get, get piece of paper and pen, write down least say 5 channels on vertical and 5 on Horizontal settings and compare them.

If you have five frequencies on Hoz say stronger like 71% and Verticals often lower on say 51% that might be the answer, dish alignment, or the box not liking those one's.

Good luck anyway, don't give up, battle on, and see what happens.

martinw01908

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East Midlands
Well I made the centre a bit longer on the F plug. Don't know if that did it but i have men & motors now. The others still not. I have a lock on all the transponders but when scanning it it says no channels found. If switching to horiz or vertical I just lose the lock. Its a mystery.

martinw01908

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East Midlands
In the Antenna setup it had 28.2E set to Standard LNB. I changed it to universal LNB and now it finds the channels. Now doing a complete rescan. This is with a Fortec 5100 Plus. Hope this is useful info.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
martinw01908 said:
In the Antenna setup it had 28.2E set to Standard LNB. I changed it to universal LNB and now it finds the channels. Now doing a complete rescan. This is with a Fortec 5100 Plus. Hope this is useful info.

It makes sense. The standard LNB setting wouldn't have been switching in the high band local oscillator for you, which is why it was possible to get the lower frequencies (Including men + motors), but not the high ones.