can't get Sky remote to work new tv

JonnytheKid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Panasonic TU-DSB30 digib0xes, FTV cards, quad LNB, Zone 2 dish, & VCR (remember those?)
My Location
rural Northern Ireland
Sadly my crt tv finally gave up (after 20 years), so I bought a new Sharp LC-26SH7E. I can't get the $ky remote to work it at all. I've tried using a Rev.4 $ky remote, then a Rev.8 $ky remote (and they both have new batteries, and they both work the digib0x with no problem). I've tried the 4 digit Sharp code (0093), and I'v also tried the following 3 digit codes: 121 , 064 , 065 , 081 , 322 , 122 , 165 None of the above work with either remote. Having said that the last three of the 3 digit codes (322 , 122 , 165) DO make the led light on the front of the tv flash, but control nothing on it (and like I said the remote batteries are fine). It isn't the end of the world, but any advice would be greatly appreciated :-)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
You haven't tried 1221 yet.

JonnytheKid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Panasonic TU-DSB30 digib0xes, FTV cards, quad LNB, Zone 2 dish, & VCR (remember those?)
My Location
rural Northern Ireland
Thanks, I didn't know about that code. I've just tried it, and it makes the tv led flash, but sadly nothing more.

JonnytheKid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
rural Northern Ireland
Good news! The following codes (found after much messing about) do work: 0606 , 0039 , 0165 , 0386. They won't turn on the tv from standby, or work the analogue text, but they change channel and adjust volume perfectly, and that is enough for me :-)

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Have you put a zero in front of all the 3-digit codes to turn them into 4-digit codes? One of the others may be better.

If not, you'll probably have to resign yourself to wait until $ly bring out a new Ver of the remote control. As you're still using a Dodgybox this isn't likely to happen for you - only the HD folk.

JonnytheKid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
rural Northern Ireland
PaulR said:
Have you put a zero in front of all the 3-digit codes to turn them into 4-digit codes? One of the others may be better.

If not, you'll probably have to resign yourself to wait until $ly bring out a new Ver of the remote control. As you're still using a Dodgybox this isn't likely to happen for you - only the HD folk.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.