Can't install camd3 from the dreambox ?!!

mydreambox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7020 s with a LAN setup
My Location
Amman - Jordan
hi guys

i copied the newcamd3 rar file without zipping it in to the directory var/tmp and then went to my dreambox and pressed the blue button there was only a select plugin empty page and every time what ever i choose from that screen , my dreambox restarts automatically , and back from the start all over again .!!! :confused

i appreciate any kind of help or knowledge :-ohmy

Best Regards

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ v2 (120Gb); DM7020Si*motorised; PC/S2-3200
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
which image are you running?
and
you need to extract the file from within the rar archive. It'll be a tar.gz IIRC - put this in /tmp (which is /var/tmp) and it should be listed and possible to install....

mydreambox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7020 s with a LAN setup
My Location
Amman - Jordan
well thanls so much leee , my software version is 1.2.0 released in 22.9.2005 , the same default image cuz i cant update it , ok here is my major problems :

i cant flash my DM using the browser cuz when holding the down button i get only DHCP... , i couldnt assgin an IP even using the Hyper Term cuz it couldnt connect to my DM also , even using the dreamup software i get the message connecting , now turn on your dreambox and then nothing happens , also when i ftp any keys restaring the DM deletes the created files i couldnt see the var/keys & the var/scce folders ... :(
should i install a new image so i can install any EMU ??

any advise

McDude

Reaction score
You definetely need a new image to use. You can then install the EMU you want using the dreambox itself.

Read the dummies guide. There's very useful info in there

This is how i got laptop to communicate with router and dreambox

Your dreambox and router must usually have the same number in the first three sections of their ip

To find ip addresses of router & pc with windows xp, press start>run>type in cmd then enter. Then type ipconfig at the prompt. You should get something like below:

I.P address...................which is the address of the pc you are on
subnet mask ................255.255.255.0
default gateway............ is your router i.p.

For example, pc ip is 192.168.1.2, my router ip: 192.168.1.1 then i chose dreambox ip as 192.168.1.24

So in communication setup of your dreambox, untick DHCP and enter the i.p of you have chosen, tick the enable network box and save it.

Now just enter this ip in any software you use like DCC, flashw*zard, dreamboxedit etc