can't receive 28.2

markhunter99

Reaction score
hi everyone.

i've got a reception problem which i'm hoping somebody out there might be able to help me with.

i can get astra 19.2 and hotbird 13.0 no problem but, strangely, Astra 28.2 is nowhere to be seen. This is mostly strange as, in the past, i've had no problem getting Astra 28.2 and its the others which have been a nightmare to get. the meter reader makes all the noises required, but there;s just 0% quality (level is at 71%) whereas i'm getting 75% quality on astra 19.2.

I've got an 80cm solid dish and a standard cambridge LNB.

Please help!

Thanks,

Mark

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Have you tried to re - scan 28 E ?

this would be the first step :)

L.

markhunter99

Reaction score
yep - tried to scan it and nothing's coming up. 28.2 is usally ridiculously easy to find which is why its so odd. i've taken the satellite down and tried in in different parts of the garden, but with the same result.

H

Happy-Buddah

? have trees/bushes grown foliage along the line of sight, a new building gone up blocking the signal?
H-B

markhunter99

Reaction score
ah, yes, that might well be the reason. there were a couple of trees in the way but they were trimmed back when we moved in, but since then they've grown quite a bit - which might actually be the reaon behind the slightly depleting signal.

however, given that the difference between 19.2 and 28.2 isn't all that great in terms of dish position, could it really be the difference between 74% quality on 19.2 and 0% on 28.2?

H

Happy-Buddah

I've lost 53*east since the treees grew foliage and will not get it back until the autumn (Fall!), but still showing good strength and quality from the transponders on 45*east. That is only a satellite separation of 8degrees, similar to your astra1 and astra2/hotbird separation.
H-B

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wavefield T55, 20 LNB's and a whole load of analogue boxes!
My Location
Close to Southampton
i had exactly the same problem http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=31396&highlight=tree moving 10ft to one side sort it out. the tree didn't even have any leaves on it at the time...

cts

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Happy-Buddah said:
will not get it back until the autumn (Fall!)

A chain saw will get it back instantly!

markhunter99

Reaction score
destroying nature so the missus can watch footballers wives extra time? she wants it, she's doing it!