can't (scan) lock Astra 23.5e

billchad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 5400 c+usb motorised system, alternative Humax sat receiver.
My Location
Lancashire
Hi all,
i can't seem to get a lock on astra 23.5 e, i can get good transponder signal 97% when i manually move the dish in 'position' setting, but when i press save, then scan, it says 'moving to astra 23.5e' then the dish moves away from the good transponder signal and back into the red, i.e..just moves away from the good signal. if i go into motorized settings and move it manually (move fine only) motor control only gives me the options of goto reference limits ect..i can get a good signal, but again if i press scan it says 'moving to Astra 23.5 e and the signal is lost. Any suggestions please.

Also tried a blind scan of it, but nothing. I can get other satellites 28.2 e, 19.2e, turksat, eurobird, ect..or in other words i think the system is setup right (many thanks bye the way for the answers to a previous Q that enabled me to do that) :D
I'm using a TM 5400 80cm motorised dish Usals.
many thanks

A nonymous

Reaction score
If your using USALS it sounds like your start reference point is wrong or your co-ordinates are.

If its the starting reference point thats wrong Put in your location co-ordinates into USALS and then send the dish to 1w. Once this is done power down the receiver and re-align the dish on 1w.

Nano

billchad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lancashire
nanochickin said:
If your using USALS it sounds like your start reference point is wrong or your co-ordinates are.

If its the starting reference point thats wrong Put in your location co-ordinates into USALS and then send the dish to 1w. Once this is done power down the receiver and re-align the dish on 1w.

Nano
yep using usals,

Ok, in Motorised setting i have my position set correctly for my location 02.7w 53.8n, and the goto in that menu means go to the selected satellite. That bit is fine, i press goto and it goes to Thor, i get good TP's and can scan for channels.
So i presume that menu is correct?
If it is correct then what are the starting reference point that you mentioned? Or how do i reline the dish, what do i change?

Many thanks :D

VKSEM

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 6900 super combo, motorized and oval dish
My Location
London
When you save the satelite in position do not scan just exit ,the dish should not move. Than go back to menu and scan manually the transporder.

billchad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lancashire
VKSEM said:
When you save the satelite in position do not scan just exit ,the dish should not move. Than go back to menu and scan manually the transporder.
Thanks vk, did go threw that scenario between bouncing off the walls, the thing is i can only scan one TP at a time, i have to keep going threw the proceedure, and i think there are some 80 TP's on that particular satellite, not all active of course but more than i can cope with.
What i am looking for is someone just to explain where i start from..i.e..after factory reset, where do i put my location co0ordinates,
am i starting from my location coOrdinates or...am i starting from zero on the motor, or maybe i start from the finish of the end at the begginning of the back of the end from the start :confused:confused:D

VKSEM

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
I think you can enter your longitude and latidude in motor setup under USALS, I never done that I always go to thor because is the highest and manualy move the dish for the satelites i want. Technomate . com has manuals for your receiver if you havent got it.Satelites are like computers when they work properly it is great but if they do not they are pain in the ...Patience my friend and you will get there.

billchad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lancashire
Thanks Chaps, the solution to this one seems a little strange. My position or location is as stated above but apparently the problem seems to have been solved by entering a slightly different start position, I now have it at 0.1w 51.5n and it seems to pickup most of the Sats, with excellent strenght.

Problems i can solve quickly, Planet's shifting position takes a little longer....

VKSEM

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
Glad you are sorted.:)