card reder problems

just recieved new viewing card from Sky but still getting error message 02 (there is a problem with your viewing card.....) Sky CS say there must be a problem with hard ware (card reader) and need to get technician out. Any suggestions before I shell out the £65 asking price for the privilage???

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Are you able to try a friend's card in the box or vice versa? Also, did you have a card in the box before? What make is the box and does it have the latest software update?

The more information you supply, the better answer you will get.

Its a Panasonic DSB30 box which I've used with full sub for the last 3 years until it went a couple of weeks ago. I've checked the software and its all up to date, i cant use a friends system as yet but will try soon as poss.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Ah, so it was working with a card, sounds like the reader is dead. You can buy a much more recent model for very little money and it will be much faster.

rayfam89 said:
Cheers buddy! any ideas where I can get one from? approx. how much?
Ebay, or better still your local paper. A wanted advert in local paper normally results in the best prices - people with an unwanted box......we bought several recently with prices from £10 - £30 :)