card reder problems

rayfam89

Reaction score
just recieved new viewing card from Sky but still getting error message 02 (there is a problem with your viewing card.....) Sky CS say there must be a problem with hard ware (card reader) and need to get technician out. Any suggestions before I shell out the £65 asking price for the privilage???

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Are you able to try a friend's card in the box or vice versa? Also, did you have a card in the box before? What make is the box and does it have the latest software update?

The more information you supply, the better answer you will get.

rayfam89

Reaction score
Its a Panasonic DSB30 box which I've used with full sub for the last 3 years until it went a couple of weeks ago. I've checked the software and its all up to date, i cant use a friends system as yet but will try soon as poss.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Ah, so it was working with a card, sounds like the reader is dead. You can buy a much more recent model for very little money and it will be much faster.

rayfam89

Reaction score
Cheers buddy! any ideas where I can get one from? approx. how much?

steve007

Reaction score
Website
www.steve007.tk
rayfam89 said:
Cheers buddy! any ideas where I can get one from? approx. how much?

Ebay, or better still your local paper. A wanted advert in local paper normally results in the best prices - people with an unwanted box......we bought several recently with prices from £10 - £30 :)