cardsharing guide

rogue_element

Reaction score
Hi There

I have been having a hunt around the net and cant seem to find a setup guide for cardsharing using eather gbox or newcamd. could any1 point me to a guide or pm me one please or is there any1 on here I should be talking to about this.

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards
R_E

dlemaire

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB 7020 - 250GB HDD,
Moteck Motor (SG-2100A), 0.2 LNB,
90cm Dish
My Location
Cambridge (UK)
Here are a few links that should help:

cardsharing.org

cardsharing.homelinux.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=223

satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=38398

dreamboxu.com

costasd3

Dreambox Emu Tamer
Reaction score
download neveto from here h++p://www.dreamboxworld.com/dbw/newcs.htm. It is a utility for configuring newcs and evocamd. Also try reading the cardserver.cfg and newcamd.cfg files that come with newcamd full package and the newcs.xml that comes with the newcs package. For gbox read the gbox_cfg,cwshare.cfg and softcam.cfg files. All you need to know about how to setup a cardsharing network is in the config files.

rogue_element

Reaction score
wow cheers dudes lots of info there

but can any of the servers on that 3rd site be secure when they talk so openly about it?

dlemaire

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB 7020 - 250GB HDD,
90cm Dish
My Location
Cambridge (UK)
I am not part of any group, because I have been looking around for information, getting a feel for what is going on... I would recommend you to do the same and to be very wary in your hunt because you'll probably give personal details (IP & D-line) at some point.

One Advice: I have seen some people offer their services (server) for a given price. I have been hesitating to give you a link but I'd rather not. The reason is simple: If you go for this option then these guys know your IP, bank details and it is not too long before they find your address... Got the message: I do not think of the federal agent coming to knock on your door but rather you'll have a bad surprise when you'll check your bank account. Plus it is not the spirit of the CS community: It is all about sharing, think about it as P2P.

As I said I have not installed anything, but the problem seems to be like there are many ways of doing it. I'd try costasd3's recommended method: It seems to be nice and tidy.

dlemaire

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB 7020 - 250GB HDD,
90cm Dish
My Location
Cambridge (UK)
dlemaire said:
One Advice: I have seen some people offer their services (server) for a given price. I have been hesitating to give you a link but I'd rather not.

Well surprise surprise, that link does not work anymore...