cas 2 interface

B

bigkenny

My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo and Dreambox DM 518-S also a Technomate TM-6800HD using 1 metre dish with motor
My Location
North Wales
I have a Matrix Reloaded MR1.081 and cannot get TPS/Multivision no more,
I believe I need a Cas 2 interface to upgrade the Cam. Is there any type I should get. Any help please?

I used to be able to change the codes using the remote for the Sat` receiver and was ok but no good now just blank screens.

I just want the UK footy back ;-)

I do have a laptop can I use this instead or do I still need the
cas-2-interface

tapfit2004

tapfit2004

lula member
My Satellite Setup
humax 5400
fortecstar
sl65
quali tv ir
4 digiboxes
dragon cam
funcard7
sm3d12 motor
wavefrontier t90
90cm dish
1m dish
My Location
dublin, ireland
you can update mr with funcards while the cam is in your receiver, using files that have been split for funcards (ie funcard6 = 2 files etc.). you are better off getting 2 funcard6's so as there is no waiting around while you switch between cards. if you have a humax you may have problems doing this as some cams do not initialise in humax's after using this method. a cas2 is a good option but a lot more expensive than a pair of funcard6's, but it will do just about everything you want to do with cams and cards and is well supported. according to the post below you can use a pcmcia slot on a laptop but i dont know where you would get the software for this.http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=10930&highlight=matrix+funcard

look at this thread it tells you some more info (wolfav post has 2 sites listed)
http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=33043&highlight=matrix+funcard

W

wolfav

My Satellite Setup
two sky+amstrad boxes
technomate5500ci+ with 80cm motarised dish irderto cam mr mrev +dragoncam blue tit numerous fun cards infinity pheonix compaq and dell on wirelessrouter
My Location
no mans land
cas2 would be a great piece of kit if you can afford it as you would be able to put revolutions firmware on your cam which is opening loads at the moment

W

wolfav

My Satellite Setup
two sky+amstrad boxes
technomate5500ci+ with 80cm motarised dish irderto cam mr mrev +dragoncam blue tit numerous fun cards infinity pheonix compaq and dell on wirelessrouter
My Location
no mans land
i dont know much about loading with laptops so i cant help m8

E

eghamhigh

My Satellite Setup
echostar 808 2CI
Matrix Reloaded Cam
Fixed dish 13E
My Location
Surrey/Berks Border
gorila22 said:
can cas2 be replaced by laptop???
I have heard that it can be done for loading new firmware version but I haven't found anyone who is doing it yet and who can confirm that it does work. I know someone who can't get it to work.

Is anyone using the laptop update method?

guiri

guiri

My Location
Manchester, UK
eghamhigh said:
Is anyone using the laptop update method?
I've tried and failed miserably with laptops; it seems to be very dependent on the PCMCIA chipset and drivers used - you can get lucky depending on the model of laptop.

I built myself a clanzer loader board (rather than use fun cards), but I've had my reloaded at 1.071 for some time - and I use a season interface (also self built from clanzer kit) for d+ and a titanium card for conax (if ever I can be bothered looking for new files).

From what I can gather, you can use a cas2 to initialise a cam; I'm not sure you can do this always with a laptop.

E

eghamhigh

My Satellite Setup
echostar 808 2CI
Matrix Reloaded Cam
Fixed dish 13E
My Location
Surrey/Berks Border
guiri said:
I've tried and failed miserably with laptops; it seems to be very dependent on the PCMCIA chipset and drivers used - you can get lucky depending on the model of laptop.

I built myself a clanzer loader board (rather than use fun cards), but I've had my reloaded at 1.071 for some time - and I use a season interface (also self built from clanzer kit) for d+ and a titanium card for conax (if ever I can be bothered looking for new files).

From what I can gather, you can use a cas2 to initialise a cam; I'm not sure you can do this always with a laptop.
thanks Guiri - anyone else who has any experience of loading MR software with a laptop and the PCMCIA slot? I'm v. concerned that I may trash mine if I try it. I have a Sony Vaio laptop with Win 98 first edition.

B

B737-400

Yeah, it's possible, but it took me a while....
I have on board XP = problems
W98 it's a better system for this job.
But with the laptop you can upgrade (and only
upgrade) the firmware (and only the firmware)!!!!
With CAS2 you can do anything.

eghamhigh said:
thanks Guiri - anyone else who has any experience of loading MR software with a laptop and the PCMCIA slot? I'm v. concerned that I may trash mine if I try it. I have a Sony Vaio laptop with Win 98 first edition.

T

trappa

i have a "fortecstar magic world plus" receiver with embedded matrix (i have alredy upgraded it to mrv2.16 using fun cards)
i can update the matrix embedded only using fun cards but the problem is:
the mrv2.16 doesn't support card read
so if it's possible: i can update it using the serial connector found in the back side of the receiver
i just need a matrix loader that can upload bin files to my receiver!!!
i have the mrv2.19 binary file but i dont have the appropriate loader to transfer it to the stb!!!
pls help

mail:
kaisounovsky*yahoo.fr

http://www.themejunkie.com

stevo

stevo

My Satellite Setup
dreamboxhd 800 pvr
2 x dreambox 500s
globalstar-m6 free to air
1 metre dish
80cm dish
60 cm dish
all via diqsec switch.
My Location
england
trappa said:
i have a "fortecstar magic world plus" receiver with embedded matrix (i have alredy upgraded it to mrv2.16 using fun cards)
i can update the matrix embedded only using fun cards but the problem is:
the mrv2.16 doesn't support card read
so if it's possible: i can update it using the serial connector found in the back side of the receiver
i just need a matrix loader that can upload bin files to my receiver!!!
i have the mrv2.19 binary file but i dont have the appropriate loader to transfer it to the stb!!!
pls help

mail:
kaisounovsky*yahoo.fr
niceone mate five post with all the same question,when you only needed 1.you just dont get it do uO-no no i thought so:confused

steve