satscaner

We Are The Supreme Beings
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M prime focus with SA58 H-H
receiver-New Wave 9000 BP MK II
My Location
hampshire
Saturday morning I was woken up at 03:40 ish as one of my cats brings in a live mouse, drops it on the floor and starts chasing it round the house. My other cat then joins in as it looks like fun. The mouse get's picked up by one of them who then runs into the kitchen and drops the mouse. (Tom & Jerry moment) the mouse makes a run for it, he's spoted the gap under the oven and dive's through it with my cat in hot pursuit.

The mouse has now escaped from the cats and is living under the oven or some where in the kitchen & I'm left with two cats standing guard.

No sign of the mouse for the rest of the day, has he died of shock:eek:

01:00 sunday morningO-zzz once again I get woken from my sleep by one of my mad cats. the mouse is ok he's alive & running around the place again. I'm going to catch him before the cat dose. And I've captured the moment on camera

Mr Mouse has now been released back into the wilderness where here gets to live out his life. The cats..... well there still looking round the house for a mouse thats not there.

mouse.jpg

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
It's another mini-adventure :)...

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
That looks like a field mouse, nicer looking than a bog-standard mouse... :D

Cat's are daft like that, they catch a mouse, bring it back to the head honcho of the house (I.E. you!!) as a sort of gift, then when you "reject" it, they just keep it, and in most cases if it's dead, decapitate it and leave half a mouse lying about for you to stand on in your bare feet.... :eek:

And yes, I have stood on half a dead mouse barefoot... :-puke

satscaner

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
hampshire
I thought it was a field mouse because of it' size, slightly smaller than the your standard mouse & the big ear's.

Always had cats and your not the only one who has had the pleasure of tredding on half a mouse on more than one occasion.

one of my cats the ginger one brings almost any thing he find's of interest back to the house, last christmas he brought back a pair of womens driving gloves one at a time. there for ever bringing back worms as well

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Gloves? Worms?!? Youve got some odd cats!!! :-rofl2

And I do hope you mean the Earth-type worms, not gut worms... :eek:

satscaner

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
hampshire
yeah lots of earth worms no gut worms. The cats are just over a year n half old so there going through that crazy young cat stage.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
satscaner said:
The cats are just over a year n half old so there going through that crazy young cat stage.

Ah, I know what you mean, my 2 girls are nearly 11 months old so they're a bit loopy... :D

They're not allowed outside though.... :p

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
For the last couple of years, I have seriously thought about buying a mouse for cat for Xmas. Problem is when I see the gerbils in the shop alongside the mice - I chicken out. (had gerbils as a kid: randy buggers).