cccam install for a newbie

steve67474

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500s 1metre motorised dish self built PC
My Location
London
Hi Guys. Just bought a dm800 clone and am having trouble with installing CCcam I have loaded Rami Maher image 76d sim 201 clone image ok. done a search and picked up all sly channels. Have gone into addons and softcamd addons and selected GP-Cam-cccam 2.2.1 It saya there is no config or keys. Thats fine. (I assume) It says it downloads and installs ok. Here comes the iffy bit. I am trying to put my sly card in the dm800. I had success with the DM500 which I have in another room. I want to share between two rooms. I go to DCC and follow a great tut I used for the 500 but when I go to var then toetc I dont see any CCcam.cfg file?? I dont know if I have installed it propely or not Any help would be great Guys. cheers

A nonymous

Reaction score
From what i have read on the forum you will need a smargo cardreader for the DM800 as there is a very good chance if you use the internal reader it will burn out the card.

Best to leave the Sky card in the DM500 and use OSCAM as its the only emu that will read and open all the Sky channels. ( provided you have subscribed to them)

NewCS & CCCam will not open the PickTV channels (Old Sky3) as Sky are running a slightly different algorythm that CCCam & NewCS cannot understand on those particular channels.

You can then give CCCam on the DM800 an L line (Camd3 protocol) to open the channels on it.

The Gemini team have removed emus from there download server that is why you cannot find them.

You may find the link below usefull

Code:
http://www.cccamforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65705&highlight=hablo

You use the file that the link points to at your own risk. Neither myself of the forum takes any responsibility for any issue that may arise from the use of it.

Nano

meagain123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skydigibox, DM8000, DM800, SkyStar2 CI
My Location
UK
The CCcam.cfg file on the DM800 is in /etc not /var/etc. If it is not there then you can download the full CCcam 2.2.1 file and just ftp the .cfg file over to /etc. You will need C & Flines adding and also a boxkey for your sky card for the entitlements to update without having to return your card to the sky box. I have used my internal card reader to read the card but as nanochickin says you do it at your own risk.

aamir007

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PC: Intel Quad Core 2.55 ghz 4gb ram Nvdia Gforce 7900
PS3
Dream Box 500\518\800
My Location
West Yorkshire, UK
You can use the DM800 to read the card just make sure you use a USB fan to keep the box and the card cool. By putting the card in the 500 it puts it in the same position of risking burning the card its better off in the 800 with a fan underneath. Also CCcam will read the card and open all the sky channels perfectly fine and i've had no issues at all and CCcam is the best and simplest option for the moment, but after reading up about pick tv and their new algorithms (its the first i've heard about it yet) i would suggest using OSCam to be future proof, you can use CCcam + OSCam on your 500.

A nonymous

Reaction score
CCCam no longer decodes the Pick TV period, Its the only reason i've moved over to using OSCam.

If Sky have gone to the hassle of running a different scrambling method on what equates to a free channel anyway, its only going to be a matter of time before they switch all the channels over to it.

As for fitting the fan underneath it, its hardly worth the hassle when a Smargo will only cost you £25, which is probably a lot less than the price of one of those swanky DM800 cooler units I've seen for sale :D

A smargo also ensures the card gets the right voltage and correct clock frequency so it won't get any hotter than it does in a Sky Digibox. That can't be said about the DM800 which has a fixed voltage at the cardreader.

By putting the card in the 500 it puts it in the same position of risking burning the card

Never had an issue with mine. As long as the clock frequency is set to 357Mhz it won't be an issue in a DM500 :D

:-beer

Nano

aamir007

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PC: Intel Quad Core 2.55 ghz 4gb ram Nvdia Gforce 7900
PS3
Dream Box 500\518\800
My Location
West Yorkshire, UK
Actually a fan will cost you a couple of pounds you don't need no fancy Dreambox fan just put a Laptop Fan. It is way cheaper than buying a smargo and having to set it all up.

Also with Sky's plan only time can speculate what they are up to.

steve67474

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500s 1metre motorised dish self built PC
My Location
London
OK sorry for the delay guys I always like to respond when ppl have taken the time to help. I had to download the cccam config seperately which then worked after I put in the boxkey. I have a blue neon fan under the box for 3quid off ebay it looks cool and keeps the box cool. I thought smargo was for sky italia as cards got burned? Anyway have now got dm800 up and dm500 sharing so am there. Again cheers for feedback