CCcam question concerning a twin tuner receiver ...

wallycharlo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 / 1m Gibertini XP
My Location
Western Austria
Hi guys,

So, I've got a card in my DM800, and want to connect to a twin tuner box upstairs with Cccam, i.e make the card in the dm800 visible to the other receiver. I know how to use this by setting the usual F: line and C:lines, but I am wondering about the following; if i wish to be able to simultaneuosly record and view from the remote card on the dual tuner box, do i need to issue 2 F: lines etc, or will just the one do?

cheers ... Wally

Rick

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fibo 1.2m HH, Wavefield T90. AzBox HD Premium, Vu+ Duo
My Location
Blackburn, Lancs
Just the one will be fine m8

wallycharlo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 / 1m Gibertini XP
My Location
Western Austria
Thanks.

I hope that this next part of the question is allowed on here, please feel free to give me a slap on the wrists if not :-)

Would the same be the case if the box was connected over the internet and not over a private LAN? i.e. can a higher ECM request on a card from an F: line with no reshare rigths be explained away by 'i was recording and viewing at once'.

I would imagine the answer is also yes?

-Wally

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
wallycharlo said:
can a higher ECM request on a card from an F: line with no reshare rigths be explained away by 'i was recording and viewing at once'.
Well if you are the holder of the subscription card why would it matter, and if you aren't we can't discuss it on here.

wallycharlo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 / 1m Gibertini XP
My Location
Western Austria
Huevos said:
Well if you are the holder of the subscription card why would it matter, and if you aren't we can't discuss it on here.

Yes, I am the holder of that card.

The concern is multiple accesses from a single F: line could lead one to believe that reshare has somwhow been forced.

I'm certainly sensitive to the fact that certain things can and cannot be discussed, hopefully I am still within the allowed boundries.

Rgds ... Wally

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
wallycharlo said:
Yes, I am the holder of that card.

The concern is multiple accesses from a single F: line could lead one to believe that reshare has somwhow been forced.

I'm certainly sensitive to the fact that certain things can and cannot be discussed, hopefully I am still within the allowed boundries.

Rgds ... Wally
Connections are persistent. That means only one connection (one client receiver) per f-line. There is no restriction on how many tuners the client receiver has though.