Champions League ITV HD Tues 25 Nov - was it available on Passion+ ?

sabilton

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Passion+
Various PC options
My Location
West Yorkshire
Hi All,

Been researching the use of ITV HD on the Passion+, I have the channel tuned and showing the test page, and I'm sure I've watched something on ITV HD before now.....
...so to put my mind at rest in case I'm chasing a red herring:-

Q1. Was the Man U/Villareal game available on ITV HD last night?
Q2. If so, should I have been able to receive it on my Passion+
Q3. If yes to Q2 ...how?! All I got on the ITV HD channel was the test screen, and the EPG was empty [for ITV HD].

According to the Radio Times, it was only .."available to Freesat users via the Red Button". I thought that this was an early launch restriction which Fortec have overcome with later s/ware?

Any comments please?

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo 250gig/ DreamElite BH 1.3.2 Multiboot

Dreambox 500s-(clone) / DM-600

Relook 400s 160 Gig-/SifTeam 1.93 e enigma

Foretec 90cm Dish with Nikkai Diseqc Motor- 2 sky+ receivers fixed 28.2 east.
My Location
Newtownabbey, near Belfast, Northern Ireland
I dont think the game was broadcast in HD. I checked on my 800 and got the ITV HD splash screen. The Game was in Spain so maybe as ITV were not the host broadcaster that was the problem. All the games i have watched so far have been home games for the English teams.

sabilton

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Passion+
Various PC options
My Location
West Yorkshire
Thanks for responding....

..did some more "Googling" after I posted, and it appears that the match wasn't broadcast in HD as advertised, so it wasn't me being a numpty!

What was interesting, a few people who have genuine Freesat boxes (with the infamous "Red Button for HD") said that the half time studio broadcast was in HD, so the deduction that the Spanish broadcaster wasn't using HD looks to be right.

[Here's a thought - what behaviour would I have seen if I'd have left the satbox tune to ITV HD, would I have seen the half time bit and then got the test page back?]

Cheers anyway,

S