landcruiser

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 500
NANO XX
STRONG BOX
My Location
CYPRUS
I own a 2.7m offset supral Russian made dish and i watch on it 36e eutelsat for ntb+ russian channels.

Today i decided to swap the lnb witch is a sky buster 0.3 lnb for a brand new inverto black ultra, and to my surprise i get no signal? I get stronger signal on the weaker transponders and the same on the stronger ones showing on my promax spectrum, If i move my dish to Astra 28.2 the lnb works fine i pick up all channels, but on ntb+, i dont pick up the recall channel saved in my promax with the inverto, when i add the old skybuster i pick the channels up again.

Could someone tell me why the inverto doesnt work with 36e? or is there more to the lnb??

Please help as im very confused as what is going on ?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
For starters the Russkie channels are circular polarised not linear.

landcruiser

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 500
NANO XX
STRONG BOX
My Location
CYPRUS
Could u please be more specific ? As im a newbie

Thanks

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Ok very simply - put the old lnb back on :D

There are two types of lnb - linear or H & V polarity (most of the European channels) and corkscrew polarity (right and left circular - used by some Russkie channels, especially on 36E).

You have put a linear lnb onto a dish collecting circular polarity signals - result no signal transfer. You *might* be able to bodge a result by butchering the feedhorn of the new lnb but things will be much simpler all round if you just put the old lnb back on!

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
If you check lyngsat.com, and look at the transponder list down the left, you will see that some have a V or H next to them, and others have R or L. The ones with R or L use circular polarisation.

landcruiser

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 500
NANO XX
STRONG BOX
My Location
CYPRUS
Thanks guys well noted