Change of TPS encryption

Artist 2004

Anatolia correspondent
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GoldMaster 7400 CIM 2MB with Kaon board 12.03.a5. Technomate 1000, Technomate 5200 USB.
Two 80cm offset dishes.
My Location
West coast, Turkey
c.barber said:
any news now? I'm moving my dish soon for the footy, and would like to know if TPS is still viewable?

Still working today, just watched a couple of matches

haggismn

Reaction score
I have a feeling TPS will be with us for some time yet(touchwood). tpszone.com has not reported anything about card changes. The only card change has been for the TPS card users with Arabesque on their package, and this is because they changed their encryption pretty much as soon as 2.4 was hacked. This would also probably mean that some non Arabesque subscribers are all still on 2.4 cards? However, back in November last year TPS signed a contract to use 2.5 cards, so they are certainly taking their time over distributing them. Perhaps this actually meant 2.4, since it changed to 2.4 encryption back then?

If anything, I think that TPS will go whenever they launch their HDTV services, sometime in the autumn.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Ah, legit systems are probably not going to undergo a card change, so thats probably why TPSZone wont have any data.

It has to be a complete overhaul before the official subscriber is asked to play around with their slot. (as it were)