Channel 5 FTA ?

Markjose

Young one with a hobby
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 110 ..... No fixed location
My Location
Monmouth
I have a freesat box in Spain atm it seeems channel 5 still has'nt gone fFTA yet what is there problem ?

any idea's when might help thanks :)

snurgenator

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM 6900 Super Combo

Toshiba L650 using Windows 7 with 4GB Ram, Intel i3 Dual Core Processor
Self built desktop running Windows 7, with 4GB RAM, AMD Athlon Quad Core Processor.
My Location
Longford, Ireland
Rumours going around that it will go FTA Nov 5th...but dont keep your hopes up its only a rumour:)

ynotdu

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digibox also U P C Ireland
My Location
Ireland
5th November Makes sense in one way,It will be day after U.S.A Presidential election when surely every possible transponder with ANY spare capacity will be used by News channels&organisations.We can live in hope cant we ?????????? Lol

snurgenator

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM 6900 Super Combo

Toshiba L650 using Windows 7 with 4GB Ram, Intel i3 Dual Core Processor
Self built desktop running Windows 7, with 4GB RAM, AMD Athlon Quad Core Processor.
My Location
Longford, Ireland
Ha I never thought of that one..well you can life in hope if you want to.

Markjose

Young one with a hobby
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Monmouth
oooo look at it this way yeh the only thing i reily want to watch when i am over there is f*th G*ear and basicaly that to me is the only decent thing five throw out of there system, however not all is lost i got a top up tv PVR over in the UK just put on series link, problem solved just got to watch every one when i get back yay. But i can't see why all the analog terestrial broadcasters, have gone free and five our still sitting there :p, it all political reasons if you ask me. but there is some s*it on freesat :p

ynotdu

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
never mind the Quality of schedule on channel 5.It is a bit like why people climb Mount Everest,It is because it is there!!!!!!!!!!! us nerds want every channel on planet!not to watch,Just to Have&beat the systymn Lol
I don,t live in Hope snurgenator,but president Bill Clinton Came from a little town called Hope in Arkansaw!,thus the extremely bizzare of hope&ch5 having a connection!Tell You what I bet a FIVER(subtle pun)You might be right or I may be wrong !Agreed???? Lol
regards

Markjose

Young one with a hobby
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Monmouth
That is a vertrue statement, and you would like every channel as free as possible so you may explore what the world T.V has to offer!, this is why for a very long time i have been waiting for la1 and la2 to go free on 19.2e before nagravison 3 compleatly rights out mediaguard then my smartcard wot work :(

ynotdu

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
@Markjose Lol,I know what you mean.There are many free sites available via internet,Channels from all over world.I do not know if I can post there url,s though.This site might consider it spam although the only one,s I would post are free sites.
perhaps a moderator could let Me know If that is allowed ?

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
ynotdu said:
@Markjose Lol,I know what you mean.There are many free sites available via internet,Channels from all over world.I do not know if I can post there url,s though.This site might consider it spam although the only one,s I would post are free sites.
perhaps a moderator could let Me know If that is allowed ?

As per the forum rules:

*Please do not post live links to ANY external sites whatsoever, disable the links by using an underscore as in the following _http://www.example.com*

SM :)

Cupart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Markjose said:
But i can't see why all the analog terestrial broadcasters, have gone free and five our still sitting there :p, it all political reasons if you ask me. but there is some s*it on freesat :p

Because the encryption contract with Sky has not yet run out...

Cupart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
ynotdu said:
There are many free sites available via internet,Channels from all over world.

Most which are really bad and not worth watching. I guess this is why they are freely available on the web...

ynotdu

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
thanks for that satteliteman,Cupart You are quite wrong to think Satellite free channels are all bad,Some excellant stuff out there,also one persons idea of bad is another persons idea of good.
Regards

Markjose

Young one with a hobby
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Monmouth
That is true yes i do agree some are rubbish, but however rubbish to us but not someone else, and i will now like to stress this point the word in detail here is "FREESAT", you pay for what you get lol. there is ome good channels or good things out there on tele just have to find it :) keep looking.

ynotdu

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
-http://www.freetube.net (or com)
-http://www.beeline tv
are two well worth checking out,(actually the main search engines will throw them up ! with just the keywords.I have a few more & will post them when I am on another browser I use were I have them saved to favourites
regards

ynotdu

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
Hi I have just noticed that the Transponder Ch5 use,s for 5 fiver&five U.S has two new tests.The tests are defo ch5 by banner tv guide,However I am still getting please insert new viewing card message,It must be the beginning of Ch5 on freesat though,bet anything.

Would love to give exact frequencies,but since I only have a very old sky digibox with a card that gives U.K Free to View(as opposed to Free to air) a switched off viewing card and do not have a Free to view receiver,I can only be grateful that here in Republic of Ireland the 2D footprint can be on 80cm dish.

For Astra 2d I can start at: 10.715. H. Fec 5/6 to pull the signals in next one would be, 10.730.V Fec 5/6 etc up to the 10.995 frequency.I guess further away would need Exact Frequencies to have hope of pulling 2D in.Still more evidence that 5 might just stop irritating us all soon&start broadcasting itself Lol

kenny1234

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised ASC 1.2m,1224 Supermount with C120 Invacom Quad LNB with Matched Feedhorn.
My Location
Scunthorpe
it ll be nice when it does finally appear maybe when it does Freesat might start to advertise a bit, i'm still amazed how many people dont know what it is or that it exists

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
ynotdu said:
Hi I have just noticed that the Transponder Ch5 use,s for 5 fiver&five U.S has two new tests.The tests are defo ch5 by banner tv guide,However I am still getting please insert new viewing card message,It must be the beginning of Ch5 on freesat though,bet anything.

Would love to give exact frequencies,but since I only have a very old sky digibox with a card that gives U.K Free to View(as opposed to Free to air) a switched off viewing card and do not have a Free to view receiver,I can only be grateful that here in Republic of Ireland the 2D footprint can be on 80cm dish.

For Astra 2d I can start at: 10.715. H. Fec 5/6 to pull the signals in next one would be, 10.730.V Fec 5/6 etc up to the 10.995 frequency.I guess further away would need Exact Frequencies to have hope of pulling 2D in.Still more evidence that 5 might just stop irritating us all soon&start broadcasting itself Lol

The two new C5 tests are reported as advertising sub regions 3 & 4 (North and Scotland). Nothing whatsoever to do with Freesat :D

ynotdu

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
Anolgusat,Darn it is that all They are?You big party pooper Lol

Kenny1234 I read elsewere that Freesat has virtually no Advertising budget&that is the main reason for low profile.
It is just what I read,not what I know ;-)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
C5 is never going to go fta on Astra 2C for any length of time - wait until theres some announcement of a test on 2D. As soon as something happens it will be posted on the forum I guarantee :D

There are strong rumours C5 will be fta by the end of November so stay tuned for info.