Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Analoguesat said:
C5 is never going to go fta on Astra 2C for any length of time - wait until theres some announcement of a test on 2D. As soon as something happens it will be posted on the forum I guarantee :D

There are strong rumours C5 will be fta by the end of November so stay tuned for info.

November 5th is a distinct possibility according to the latest info on DS.

Markjose

Young one with a hobby
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 110 ..... No fixed location
My Location
Monmouth
what i would like is someone from C5 to give us a post on why it is not FTA by now and when it is going FTA :).

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
^^

not going to happen Mark. We know why its not fta already as C5 have made that quite clear - lack of capacity on the narrow beams. They CANNOT go fta with the current programmes rights whilst they are on the 2C wide beam.

As for when Ive got 2 seperate sources saying November 5th at the moment. I dont know how accurate that is but the info sources are starting to converge together. We will see next week one way or the other.

Expat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HD Freesat
Gibertini 150 cm dish for Astra 2D.
Technomate TM-1500 CI+ viewing Astra 2, Astra 1 and Hotbird
Sky receiver for FTV channels.
My Location
Copenhagen - Denmark
It will not be November 5th, confirmed by Five today in an email, no date yet, though it will be on Freesat in November.

ynotdu

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digibox also U P C Ireland
My Location
Ireland
Analoguesat said:
C5 is never going to go fta on Astra 2C for any length of time - wait until theres some announcement of a test on 2D. As soon as something happens it will be posted on the forum I guarantee :D

There are strong rumours C5 will be fta by the end of November so stay tuned for info.
Is the frequencies 10.... @22.5/8 22.00 5/6 not all from 2d? If not can You let me know 2C,s range ?
Regards

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
_http://www.flysat.com/28east.php

Satellite is listed on the right hand side. 10936 is the highest 2D frequency.

Markjose

Young one with a hobby
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 110 ..... No fixed location
My Location
Monmouth
you know what i gather that there is not enough rooom on 2D to put C5 up there, and thier regional Channels, and i also do understand that they can't put on astra 2C which it is on now and make it FTA will not happen as the beam covers most of Europe.

numbnuts57

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky sat
My Location
spain
Hi,I have a sky box here in sth spain but dont subscribe and have just got ch5 programmed in. I got the frequency info from this web site;
_http://www.satbeams.com/channels?position=028
I dont know if your setup menu is anything like the sky screen but..... I went to services, then system set up, then add channels, you then input this info;
frequency (GHz) 10.773
Polarisation H
Symbol rate(Mbaud) 22.0
FEC 5/6

then select find channels and a list will come up uncluding channel 5,you then store channel 5.
The only problem with doing it this way is you can only watch ch5 by going to services then other channels,it wont work from your main menu.
Hope this is of some help

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Two year old thread, the original poster found the channel immediately after posting this.:)