Channel 5's Big Brother Trailer, Logo, and Hosts Revealed!

Rachel_Sandford

News Hound
Reaction score
Channel 5 just released the first Big Brother trailer, which revealed their version of Big Brother's all-seeing eye logo; a much simpler one than the Channel 4 logo. The show, which is set to air on August 18[SUP]th[/SUP], just a bit less than a month from now, is promising to have the “biggest names” and the “biggest house” the show has seen.

Execs have already revealed that Geordie Marcus Bentley will continue narrating the show, while former Big Brother winner, Brian Dowling will host, and Emma Willis will present the new spin-off of the show. The final lineup of housemates for this celebrity edition is, of course, yet to be released, though Channel 5 had promised to “bring back the fun” to Big Brother by specifically looking for party animals during their auditions. Among the rumored celebrities include model Abbey Clancy, Amy Childs (from The Only Way is Essex), Steve Strange, retired boxer Ricky Hatton, and the now late Amy Winehouse. It was also rumored that Channel 5 owner, Richard Desmond approached Irish Duo, Jedward, who said the £1m salary was not enough for them to do the show.

Jeff Ford, Director of Programmes for Channel 5 said: “We will bring a completely fresh perspective to the Big Brother phenomenon. As The Ultimate Big Brother housemate, Brian is the perfect man to be at the help of Big Brother's new incarnation. Emma, meanwhile is a consummate professional—as well as being a self-confessed superfan. Their combined expertise and first-hand experience of the show will bring an extra dimension to Big Brother when it returns this summer.”

Dowling, now 33, issued a statement saying “I am so excited about this opportunity to host one of the most talked about shows on TV. It is 10 years since I won Big Brother so what better way to celebrate and mark that anniversary than to be asked to host the new series. It's on a new channel and a fresh start for the show that has kept the nation entertained for 11 years and I am so excited to be a part of it!”

Despite the changes in hosts and the celebrity lineup, Channel 5's Big Brother isn't really deviating from the old format. The 10-second trailer actually still uses Element Four as its theme song. Perhaps one major change is that there will no longer be a 24-hour live TV feed. Instead, viewers can go online to see their housemates.

[video=youtube;3WyyFleB9C0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WyyFleB9C0[/video]

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Rachel_Sandford said:
Among the rumored celebrities include model Abbey Clancy, Amy Childs (from The Only Way is Essex), Steve Strange, retired boxer Ricky Hatton, and the now late Amy Winehouse.

That could have been phrased better.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Yes, they spelled "rumor" wrong.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
So they're putting Amy Whinehouse into the BB house? That should prove interesting, I'm sure it'll be dead entertaining... :-rofl2

Still, I lost interest in big brother some time in mid series 2, so, moving to channel 5, a channel I don't watch, yeah, wise move, keep it off the mainstream schedules... :D