Channel Hopping

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
Channel hopping, it’s fun, so many channels just one button. But when it comes to 13e it seems every second channel is an add for phone line stuff and the soft-core that goes with it. Some like Supper Pippa get away with showing the same dross over and over again. I lost count of the number channels showing S/C stuff 20/30, surly this is not the future of sat TV. Don’t get me wrong I have a lot of time for hardcore stuff and those who supply it, they set up these channels with their own money and hope people buy the cards, and also spend a lot of time worrying about the hobbyist among us. When SextSat started they used to flash a banner saying if we get 10,000 phone calls they will show a S/C move, for me 10,000 calls at £1.50/min is a lot cash for S/C, but it might be worth it for H/C. Maybe this is the future of Sat TV if you do the numbers this is a nice yearly T/O for 2hours a night, will this ever happen and how many of the S/C guys would jump on the band wagon. Anyway if you like channel hopping stay away from 13e when the kids are around, because sport was once the backbone of Sat, the killer application, alas no more.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Don't really do too much in the way of zapping now Razor, but i agree, you have to be very careful who is watching when you do. :)

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
Speaking of 'hardcore' - has anyone noticed the absence of 'Alice' on Hotbird: aka, A-lee-che (the Italian gourmet cooking channel) ?

Has it gone (under) ?

I'll be back on Pot Noodles in no time! I must whisk round and check for it at 19.2°.

Have Fun,

Mark.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I believe that it was one of the casualties of the Digital+ changes Mark, not sure whether it will be back.