Channel List & back-up problems

tamborlin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500hd
Win7 32bit
My Location
malta
Hi, I've had my DM500HD for the past four months so I'm relatively new to this world. Recently I noted that I could no longer access some channels so I decided to learn how to update my channel list and how to make a backup of the whole system using both DreamboxEdit & DCC

To my dismay, when I tried this, I found out that my password (dreambox) was incorrect. I think that this must have been changed by my provider when I first bought the set-top box & service last September.

My question is, Is there any way at all where I can recover my password or make an additional user other than root to enable me update the channel list?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Your provider has presumably set up a password because he has modified the stb for card sharing. If that is the case then the protection he has applied will be sufficient to stop you doing most things. You should complain to him instead of trying to fix what isn't broken. The problem with card sharing is that servers get taken down and hence the hop to you for that channel disappears.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
tamborlin said:
I found out that my password (dreambox) was incorrect. [...] My question is, Is there any way at all where I can recover my password or make an additional user other than root to enable me update the channel list?
Either get the password from the supplier, or reflash the box.