Channel List for Lidl Silvercrest SL65 - Easy way of doing?

joeuk2000

Reaction score
My Location
Stoke on Trent, UK
Hi there

Years ago I had great fun setting up and tinkering with my KAON Setup with motorised dish.. however I fried the box few years back. Sometimes it just happens!!!!

At the same time I set up an Lidl Special (!!!!) for my parents.... Silvercrest SL65, reading around these boxes are hated and now are historic.. I dont want to patch the thing to get channels illegally but just want to update the transponders on the hotbird satellite and do a new channel scan as half the channels seem to have disappeared on it!

With the Kaon I used to connect the box up via a RS-232 cable.

Does anyone know what software package will do the same for the Silvercrest? Will comag software work on it?

Hopefully somebody knows... many thanks in anticipation!!

Joe

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Well the SL65 is neither hated nor dated!

It's an excellent bit of kit for a Lidl cheapie.

Patching was always difficult with most of them, though - but not a lot is "open" these days anyway.

But it does have great Auto Scan feature and this is the best way to update your TP and Channel lists.

joeuk2000

Reaction score
My Location
Stoke on Trent, UK
Thanks Tivu...

I've used the Autoscan feature, only about 400 channels picked up... sure there used to be about 800+ on hotbird, hence thinking the satellite transponder details need updating on the box, so was wondering what software would allow me to do this :)

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
As stated, the Auto Scan will update the TP lists - that's kind of the point.

You can also select FTA or All etc, so make sure you do that. Can't recall how many FTA there are on Hotbird, but 400 is nearer the mark than 800 - The latter will include Scrambled Channels and you don't need that cluttering up the list as you cannot view them!

All that said, see if there is anything that interests you here _http://www.comag.de/en/pro.php?p=97

joeuk2000

Reaction score
My Location
Stoke on Trent, UK
Tivu

Brilliant!! That was exactly what I was after.... this should get me started!

Its for my 78 year old father! He only needs free to air, european TV, no point in investing in top notch kit, he's used to the remote etc trying to teach him a new remote would be painful!

So I'm after anything to get it relatively upto date!

Thanks for your help!! :)