Channel list sites

richardsth

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3600IP, 1.8 Prodelin, 18" echostar actuator, Inverto lnb, 4" groundstand
My Location
Halstead, UK
Are there any sites which provide a list of channels in a format compatible with the SatcoDX program (WorldOf Satellites) or SetEdit Nav for the echostar 3600? Satco DX is no more, whilst Lynsat no longer provides the DAT files. If you go to SatBeams (formerly SatCo) the only offer them in XML or INI format, so is there a program which can convert these formats?

Rik

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
It looks like the SatcoDX system of channel listing died with the magazine.

Anyhow, this may be of use

_http://www.rapidsharegfx.com/download/SatcoDX+World+Of+Satellites+II+v3+10+Full+Validation+Key+to+2040+rar.html

Absolutely no guarantee implied though

richardsth

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3600IP, 1.8 Prodelin, 18" echostar actuator, Inverto lnb, 4" groundstand
My Location
Halstead, UK
Yep, I tried that from another site and funnily enough it updates the maps but not the listings. TTALEX did respond back though and said that the SatcoDX program used fields that were incompatible with the Satbeams database, hence there was no support. I'm going to look at picking out the relevant bits from the xml files and compile them as a bin, but I need to get my hands on a Linux box first. Or alternatively, kick-off a blind search before I go to bed and see what it finds in the morning!

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
richardsth said:
I'm going to look at picking out the relevant bits from the xml files and compile them as a bin, but I need to get my hands on a Linux box first. Or alternatively, kick-off a blind search before I go to bed and see what it finds in the morning!

There are plenty of linux boxes out there going cheap.