Channel master 2.4 on chain driven mount installation

blademedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
UK
Hi,

After having a brief play with the 2,4 DH the H to H has developed a noise, its a easy fix if you can get to the adjustments, unfortunately this is not possible without stripping the dish from the mount and removing a cover on the top of the H to H,

So while the DH is down its a good time to finish the mount and install the 2.4 CM, things wont be happening quick but the install will hopefully be finished before the end of the summer,

I've only really messed with KU band with the DH and taken various readings from around the arc for comparison.
IMG_0055.JPG

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
blademedia,

Awesome, I am looking forward to this install thread. I am sure it will be as good a read as your DH 2.4m install topic. If I remember correctly you were also getting a 2.7m prime focus from your friend in the USA at some point? Once that arrives you will have a dish farm to be proud of, 2 x 2.4m and 1 x 2.7m, all top class antenna as well.

I have changed my forum member title to that of "Small Dish Man" out of homage and respect for your collection of proper big dishes. Perhaps we should classify all dishes of less than 2.0m as a small dish owned by one of the little people, myself included. I was very kindly awarded a green hat recently, it fits well with my leprechaun like status as one of the little people with nothing but small dishes that are operational :).

Rgds

blademedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
UK
Hi moonbase,

The 2.7 will be coming from my friend in Italy when he makes the move to the UK I'm unsure when this will be at the moment, i also have a little 1.8 channel master, im only small fry compared to the guys over at satellitescommunity there the big boys,

You own a nice dish the preccision is a lovely quility dish and its a 2.2 so you cant be included with little dish men, congrats on the green hat im much supprised its taken you 13 yrs but good things come to those who wait :),

I've found you a couple of appropriate avatars maybe consider using one :-lol.
dffdfdgdgdg.PNG sfsfsfdfdfdf.PNG sssss.PNG

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
blademedia,

I think the confused little fellow in the middle of the 3 avatars might be a nice one for me, its probably how I look when I am contemplating my next satellite project. Although I have been a member of the forum for quite some time, its only the past year or two where I have been a regular poster, for most of the time it was a case of pop in now and again for a bit of advice when I needed help.

I am looking forward to this 2.4m install topic, particularly the chain drive mount and how you will add inclined tracking etc.

Rgds