jackson50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1600ci,
Art Sport, Digit Alb,
Channel MASTER 1.2
My Location
Wolverhampton
Hi guys what a great web site this is. I am pretty new to this satellite thing and would be grateful if someone would let me know which is the best satellite dish to go for, I am looking to buy a 1.8m or 2.4m dish so was wondering which is the best.I stumbled on this web site and they manufacture dishes made by prodelin, Does anybody know if they are any good.

Many thanks chaps.

Here is there specification date.

Receive Only Series 1186
Electrical
Environmental Performance
Mechanical
1.8M
C or Ku-Band
Receive Only
Series
C-Band Ku-Band
Antenna Size 1.8M (71 in.) 1.8M (71 in.)
Operating Frequency 3.625 - 4.2 GHz 10.95 - 12.75 GHz
Midband Gain ( + .2d:cool: 35.5 dBi 45.5 dBi
3 dB Beamwidth 2.9° .9°
Antenna Noise Temperature
20° elevation 49 K 38 K
30° elevation 47 K 35 K
Polarization Linear or Circular Single or Dual Linear
First Sidelobe (typical) - 20 dB - 20 dB
Cross-Pol Isolation >30 dB on axis >30 dB on axis
VSWR 1.3:1 Max. 1.3:1 Max.
Feed Interface CPR 229 F Rectangular WR 75 or WC 75
Reflector Material Glass Fiber Reinforced Polyester SMC
Antenna Optics Prime Focus, One-Piece Offset Feed
Mast Pipe Size 3.5” SCH 40 Pipe (4.00” OD) 10.16 cm.
Declination Corrected Polar Range Any 90° segment of Arc
Azimuth Adjustment Range 360° Continuous
Shipping Specifications 160 lbs. (72 kg.)
Wind Loading Operational 45 mph (72 km/h)
Survival 125 mph (201 km/h)
Temperature Operational -40° to 140° F (-40° to 60° C)
Survival -50° to 160° F (-46° to 71° C)
Atmospheric Conditions Salt, Pollutants and Contaminants as
Encountered in Coastal and Industrial Areas
Solar Radiation 360 BTU/h/ft2
Receive Only Series 1186
1500 Prodelin

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Moved this from the Nilesat thread, better to start your own thread if your question is not directly connected to the thread subject. :

Both makes are excellent, but I will leave it to the members who have actually used both to answer your question. :)

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
I have recently got a CM 1.2. Must admit it is well made and very srurdy. Cant say about a Prodelin but was reccomended a CM in here.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Its more down to availability. By the way nobody manufactures Prodelin except Prodelin (with the exception of an Indian company that had the moulds to some older designs a few years back).

The 1186 is (from memory) one with a polarmount, but one that does not track the full arc (same as the 3.7m prime focus dish)

You may also find that the feed system needs tweaking to fit one of the usual LNBs on the market.

Does the company actually state they have one in stock ?
Are they in the UK ?

R

Rd100

The prodelin dishes are about the same as andrews i have both and install both the thing is you can not buy a polar mount for the 1.8m andrews no more but you can for the prodelin,

kimbo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500, 90cm Dish, Mesh Computer ART, Digit Alb, Fortec 2.4m Dish
Channel Master 2.4m, Showtime.
My Location
West Midlands
Hi mate do a google search for a company called sematron based in Basingstoke in the UK, They sell or Prodelin Dishes.

I am not sure if they come with the azel amount, Feedhorn or groundstand mate.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
kimbo said:
Hi mate do a google search for a company called sematron based in Basingstoke in the UK, They sell or Prodelin Dishes.

Contact them at your peril, as they may bombard your incoming content with the latest selling techniques, as they have little Prodelin stock in the UK

Return-path: <megan@semserver4.co.uk

....could your presentations be better?

Want to deliver with more clarity, confidence, conviction, credibility and impact?

PowerfulPresenting

"" Excellent - the best presentation seminar I've been on ""
Tessa Polniaszek, Lifetalks
Making presentations that convey a clear message either as part of the sales process or for giving information is key in today's workplace

Presenting confidently and persuasively is one of the most sought after skills in sales and management today, yet some people break into a cold sweat at just the thought of it! What would it be like if you had more confidence and ability to present, so that you could easily engage, influence and impact your listeners?

A great oveview and has really given me a platform from which to put together my presentations and the confidence to carry through
Yolanda Babb, Absolute Corporate Events
It doesn’t matter if you are a manager, salesperson, team leader, project manager, trainer or presenter– getting the message across is crucial for you and your organisation. Whether it's at the next sales meeting or the next client presentation; whether you give the occasional presentation or regular in-house training; whether you are presenting ideas or making sales. You may be dealing with a small team or a huge company; across the desk or in a formal presentation....we can show you how to get your message across in a clear, confident and convincing manner

Very insightful and great value for money - some really useful tips that I am going to us
Adam Mille, Harlequin Solutions
Learn how to create presentation passion to engage any audience. Make more targeted presentations, pitch more confidently, influence more persuasively and win more business. Increase your personal power, professional credibility and engender a “can-do” attitude. Powerful Presenting will help you to master your presentations by turning fear into confidence, doubt into action and procrastination into commitment. Avoid death by powerpoint and other basic mistakes that are still all too common

Well presented well structured and concise. Excellent Value
Kevin Meager, ESE Ltd
Whatever the message - you need to know the secrets of Powerful Presenting. Utilise the tricks of the trade and have fun when delivering to audiences of any kind.

Very good overall - excellent presenter, good format, useful 'little gems'
Les Ashdown, Ideal Handling

PowerfulPresenting
Learn the simple techniques and tips that will transform your presentation skills
in one easy to understand, effective half day seminar. Here are some of the key learning areas

Banish fears of presenting and ensure that you can present even under the most pressurised environments
Control your emotions and keep your focus on your audience
Turn fears of “losing it” into the ability to access your true potential
Discover the power of physiology and change your audience’s state instantly
Gain agreement and commitment from even the most hostile of groups
Master “How-to” techniques and strategies that build rapport with groups of any size and type
Increase your personal charisma, power and influence by adopting top strategies which many of the world’s most influential presenters use
Utilise the power of visualisation to develop confidence, familiarity and to overcome unexpected setbacks
Uncover, leverage and direct your energy to maximise rapport, influence and commitment
Discover the secrets of organising the environment
Master the hidden psychological messages and ensure that you influence your clients both consciously and unconsciously
Structure your presentation so that you reach everyone in every audience!
Create powerful stories that entertain, influence and motivate your clients to buy your product or message
Maximise every presentation opportunity
Who should attend?

Team leaders, managers and directors wanting to inspire and motivate
Project managers wanting 'buy-in' for new projects or change
Sales professionals wanting to sell more to clients through interactive presentations
Trainers and presenters wanting to hone their skills further
Anyone wanting to communicate a message that inspires audiences to take action

Location Details for PowerfulPresenting
Monday 21st January 2008 Leeds Radisson SAS Hotel, Cathedral Hall, No1 The Light LS1 8TL
Tuesday 22nd January 2008 Manchester The Midland Hotel , Peter Street M60 2DS
Wed 23rd January 2008 Nottingham Park Plaza, 41 Maid Marian Way NG1 6GD

Thurs24th January 2008
Birmingham The Hippodrome, Hurst Street B5 4TB

Tuesday 29th January 2008 Cambridge University Arms Hotel, Regent Street, CB2 1AD

Wed 30th January 2008
Milton Keynes Hilton Hotel, Timbold Drive, Kents Hill Park. MK7 6HL

Thurs 31st January 2008 London Glaziers Hall, 9 Montague Close, London Bridge SE1 9DD

Tuesday 5th Febraury 2008 Southampton The Dolphin , 35 High Street, SO14 2HN

Wed 6th February 2008 Oxford Cotswold Lodge Hotel, 66a Banbury Road OX2 6JP

Thurs 7th February 2008 Guildford The Manor House Hotel, Newlands Corner, GU4 8SE

Thurs 6th March 2008 London Glaziers Hall, 9 Montague Close, London Bridge SE1 9DD

Yes please book me on PowerfulPresenting ...

Places are strictly limited, the delegate rate for this half day BiteSize seminar is
£ 119.00 (plus VAT)
(Group and Charity discounts available )
1.30pm registration for prompt 2pm start to 5pm. Refreshments provided

telephone us on the number below

Booking Line and Information
0207 183 0050
Please quote ref: PP/2811/U

BiteSize
Seminars
From
BRITAIN in
BUSINESS

Making Business Work for You

dxsat

Reaction score
Website
skyinmadrid.com
My Satellite Setup
Snap's setup: (In Spain) Humax HDR, Prodelin 1.8m dish + Invacom QDF-031 + CM feed, (In UK) CallFlow VDSL + EE 4G, Sky Q, YouView HD, Mac OSX, iOS
My Location
UK: Tonbridge, Kent. Spain: Madrid.
Performance of Prodelin and Andrew/Channelmaster 1,8m dishes is identical. One is a copy of the other, or they are based on the same design. The only differences are in the LNB support arms (thinner on the Prodelin) and mast pipe size (115mm Andrew, 100mm Prodelin). They both come with azel mount. The Prodelin comes with a useless feedhorn (rectangular bore), the Andrew comes with nothing. Andrew is the better choice in a windy place. It is also easier and faster to install. Andrew has a fine azimuth adjustment, Prodelin does not.
Both come with excellent instructions. They work best with the Andrew offset feedhorn, which fits exactly on the Andrew.
Prodelin are usually cheaper.
Sematron are the UK importers of Prodelin.