channel problem on astra 2 eurobird

kaliper

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm dish, tecnomate tm 2200 motor, technomate 16002ci receiver
My Location
irvine, scotland, uk
I had to do a factory reset on my receiver (technomate 1600 2ci) as it froze competely even also though it was unplugged from mains overnight, it kept saying please wait when any button was pressed. Now I think i'm on Astra 2/Eurobird and downloaded the channels and for some reason BBC 3 and BBC 4 are not listed. Ive tried this 3 times to download but it remains the same, what am I doing wrong or am I on the wrong satellite?

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi, Check that you are on the correct satellite by seeing if you have BBC1, Itv etc.

If you are, then the problem may be caused by you not having the transponders listed, check Lyngsat for details.

Also BBC3 and BBC4 share channel slot with Cbeebies and CBBC, so if you scan when the kids programmes are running you may get those channel names instead. When the kids programmes close, those channel slots will pick up BBC3 and BBC4.

kaliper

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
irvine, scotland, uk
I can get BBC 1, ITV, CH4 etc but I notice there are foreign ones in the list too like Canal+, Super RTL ch, but no Cebbies or CBBC

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
kaliper said:
I can get BBC 1, ITV, CH4 etc but I notice there are foreign ones in the list too like Canal+, Super RTL ch, but no Cebbies or CBBC

Go by what you can actually watch, if the dish was pointed the wrong way at some point, then foreign channels may well be in the channel list.

Check all your transponders are correct, and perform a rescan, every thing that should appear, should appear.

kaliper

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
irvine, scotland, uk
I can get Ceebeebies now but no BBC 3 or 4 I moved the dish a little, why cant all these Satellites send out a Identification signal that Receivers can can recognise when they moving and stop automatically and download what you want, instead of manually always doing it, would make things so much easier.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
BBC3 and BBC4 share channel time with Cbeebies and CBBC as said.

Are you not using USALS? This will take you to the calculated satellite position based on your own longitude :)

kaliper

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
irvine, scotland, uk
I tried this usals but it didnt work and to be honest i'm not the most technically minded when it comes to this

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
USALS is straight forward.

Access usals menu and enter your coordinates. Then send the dish to Atlantic Bird 3 @ 5W and check reception. If you do then you should be able to send the dish to other satellites and the motor will drive to that location.

Depends on how it was initially set up of course.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
kaliper said:
I can get Ceebeebies now but no BBC 3 or 4 I moved the dish a little, why cant all these Satellites send out a Identification signal that Receivers can can recognise when they moving and stop automatically and download what you want, instead of manually always doing it, would make things so much easier.

Yep, if you have cbeebies wait till 7pm (I think) and you will be able to watch BBC3 or BBC4 (can't remember which one is which).

The satellites do send out a signal, but not all receivers decode it. If you want things easy, use a Sky box or a Freesat box, with these all the channels etc are sorted it automatically. However with the Sky box you miss out on being able to use a motor and access to other satelites is severely limited.

kaliper

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
irvine, scotland, uk
tried the USALS it didnt work, dish didnt move when sent to Atlantic Bird 3, tried adjusting co-ordinates in steps like handbook says, made no difference, dish still didnt move though it said on screen it was moving, but it handnt. I couldnt use a SKY box or Freesat as I like the German channels on the other satellite that I pick manually, but just wanted to try for other satellites to see whats there. I think I need to find somebody locally that really knows how to set up the system correctly. thanks for all your advice