Channels- all black!

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
mhku said:
Thanks for those, do any of the emus work on those channels?

I'm back to the "Nothing f***ing works!" stage again.

I tried to scan some more sats last night. Used SAT FINDER to get to 53.0E.
Went to MOTOR SETUP etc, no lock. Tried a few others, no lock.
Looked outside and the dish was at about 50.0E, no green light on the motor.
Unplugged DB and tried again- no green light.
Rebooted DB and tried again- no green light.
Unplugged last night and will try again today- if I can face it. Are you sure a DB isn't based on Windows 95a??!! argggggghhhhhhh!

53e,,,what are you looking for, cant get anything past 45e and nothing on that, havent used even 42e for a long time. Just get 30w,13e 19e thats what im using at the moment sometimes i use 16e,10e,7e for feeds but not for a while. Then load your cams & keys Per other posts. Make sure you use the cam as default as Gemeni sometimes returns to CI after a reboot.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
When booting it says something like "loading newcamd/ ????". Aren't these "built into" Gemini- I just have to add (ftp) keys onto var/keys and/ or var/scce?

The lack of motor turning ability is a bit of a problem!

I was only looking at 53E to see what was there... I think most of those that you list I've scanned.

And, what is Gemini Manager supposed to do? I unzipped and ran it- it made a bunch of folders on my pc and that's it. Clicking the icon does nothing except recreate all the folders! Does it need some keys in to the keys folder before it does anything?? Where is the UI?

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
mhku said:
When booting it says something like "loading newcamd/ ????". Aren't these "built into" Gemini- I just have to add (ftp) keys onto var/keys and/ or var/scce?

I was only looking at 53E to see what was there... I think most of those that you list I've scanned.

And, what is Gemini Manager supposed to do? I unzipped and ran it- it made a bunch of folders on my pc and that's it. Clicking the icon does nothing except recreate all the folders! Does it need some keys in to the keys folder before it does anything?? Where is the UI?
You need to be connected to the internet and must have the dreambox networked, I loads the keys & cams for you. You just pick what you want and it downloads it for you. Like the buttons on the remote.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Cool, that's what I thought. My DB is on the LAN and connected to TinterWeb (well it will be when Bulldog get my bloody line working properly- 4mb :) )

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
mhku said:

No newcamd is not built in to gemeni, you have to load it as a seperate item. Dont load loads of cams because you will fill your memory very fast. Only load 1 cam and 1 set of keys. Delete cams before you load new ones.
Havent updated myself yet with new cam, so like your self Blank at the moment. Will sort out tonight before Match & before you ask Chelsea to win 1.0.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
I loaded newcamd and have loaded keys (or at least I think I have?). How do I check it is working (I'm pretty sure it is) other than viewing an encrypted channel? can you give me a channel to test it on?

I'm winding up an Arsenal fan at work that it'll be 3-0 (another clean sheet for us!) ;)

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
mhku said:
I loaded newcamd and have loaded keys (or at least I think I have?). How do I check it is working (I'm pretty sure it is) other than viewing an encrypted channel? can you give me a channel to test it on?

I'm winding up an Arsenal fan at work that it'll be 3-0 (another clean sheet for us!) ;)
Try VH1 on 13e, there are 2 different encryptions, 1 works with newcamd 5.28. It wont work on CI (ie FTA)

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Thanks, will try that tonight (assuming the motor will play nicely.... ) :)

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
mhku said:
Thanks, will try that tonight (assuming the motor will play nicely.... ) :)

Will send you a PM in a while.