• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Chat Problems

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

My Location
scotland
Hi i cannot access the chat, it is disconnecting me and i think its because of my user name having the * in it in my username s*t*a*r*m*a*n.
it looks like i am going to connect but then it just goes on about my ident or something. I have enabled cookies.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Mod
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
LOL...looks like you will have to leave out the ******'s m8 :D Sorry couldnt resist that! anyway why dont you PM Rolfw or Chris I'm sure they can help you Starman.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Berkshire
Download a copy of Trillian from Cerrulean studios, this will get you onto any IRC room and double up with MSN and most of the other chat hosts. I don't use the chat client on the forum, always get on there with trillian. PM me or phone me on the mobile Ray and I'll give you the setup details. :)

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Mod
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
There ya go starman....problem solved m8....Rolfw is psychic too :D

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Berkshire
Wish I was.............But then I probably don't, or do I, don't know really, but perhaps......................No, it wouldn't be good, unless, well.................................not really sure. :D

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Mod
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
See I said you were psychic......you should be on the sixth sense m8 :D

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Berkshire
Once you download trillian, set a channel to irc.hashnet.org port 6667 and then type in /join #satchat

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Berkshire
Not many people use it Kalamar, we had a couple of pre-arranged meetups, but they were only attended by five or six members. I tend not to use it much as it can be very time consuming nad i have quite a lot on at the moment.

K

kalamar

yeah someone was on a while ago (sardarhamsher) but I didnt catch them im gonna just let it run a while and see what pops up.

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Berkshire
Be prepared for an interrogation, that's what I normally end up getting. :)

K

kalamar

10-4 I can play like me not here

althou I have been aware of it since the beginning,I havent used IRC as I dont speak or want to learn the IRC language ,there is really some "hotshots" on some of the other channels and some are out to destroy.

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Berkshire
I tend to use MSN (via trillian) for the odd one to one here and there, never liked open chat rooms, they tend to become confusing.

K

kalamar

I see there were some more on there but I missed them too ! I keep it minuminumized out of the way,I thought I saw the icon blinking in the taskbar hmmm maybe that means something ? am about asleap right now but will keep the channel open. hi mark and paul !