Cheap PCI to PCMCIA Adaptor, Maplin

Reaction score
My Location
northern ireland
hi guys does this pci wireless card only fit into certain pcs or any pc or laptop as i have an e machine.

emachines

Reaction score
My Location
north east england
hi sterlingronald i have a emachine computer it work perfect for me . the best £7-99 i have spent.

GURUJI

Reaction score
Dear Sir I bought a pcmcia for my desktop but it cannot recognize my mr.When I insert the mr it's showing ?G-M in the properties of pcmcia.Can someone help me to update mr.I thank you in advance.

system32

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1234..search for more
GURUJI said:
Dear Sir I bought a pcmcia for my desktop but it cannot recognize my mr.When I insert the mr it's showing ?G-M in the properties of pcmcia.Can someone help me to update mr.I thank you in advance.

If it show G-M than it is ok here are the drivers and the loader.

follow these instructions that I got from one albanian I think site _www.alsat.co.uk

Unzip it in a separate folder under the C:\ (or any folder you prefer, but remember it!)
Check them and see also extra subfolders for 98, 98se en XP
If you are Windows98 > then copy the file CBSS.VXD to folder Windows\System\CBSS.VXD
NOTE: pay attention to the different versions of 98 or 98se(!) It is of importance!
- Check whether the pcmcia controller is installed in your hardware manager before starting with any procedures.
In XP change the driver with update driver pointing to XP_pcmcia folder and klick on the file pcmciap.inf... and klick [OK] (3 times)
- Reboot your pc (even with W2K (W2000) and XP!).
- Stop all unrequired other software like the virusscanner and the firewall (if appropriate disconnect adsl breefly doing this procedure)
- Check the device manager, if you notice any hardware issues like a yellow questionmark or red cross first solve this issue.
To check press [start] -> [settings] -> [Control Panel]-> [system] -> [hardware]-> [device manager] -> PCMCIA Adapters.
- Push the dvb cam into the pcmcia slot.
- Now windows will prompt you that it has found new hardware and it finds G&M module (so not yet a MR or a DVB cam!)
- Windows will prompt now for the drivers, go to the subfolder (mr_pcmcia) where you unzipped them klick on the file (dreammagic.inf) and press [OK]
- Windows will recognise the device as DVB-CA and it will load all required files now..

GURUJI

Reaction score
Dear system32 first of all thanks for your help.I followed your instructions but found a problem when trying to update driver to dreammagic.inf.This driver could not be shown even when browsing the path to this file.Is there any clue?

simel

Reaction score
rkhsaw said:
Excuse my ignorance, but does this become the equivalent of a CAS interface/programmer ?

With CAS you download BIN file. The CAM may not be working at all.
For the PCMCIA interface use only UPD file. I think the Matrix CAM in this case
should be working.

After I installed the PCI adapter, STANDBY button on my WIN XP is dimmed.
Did someone have a problem like this?

GURUJI

Reaction score
Dear Sir I have installed dreammagic.inf and when I put the cam it shows Dream-magic-ci-module.This shows that it was installed ok?

RyokoFanUK

Reaction score
yes, GURUJI! your ready to go :D Use the UPD file with the loader and enjoy!

tapfit2004

lula member
Reaction score
Website
livesportsontv.eu
My Satellite Setup
humax 5400
fortecstar
sl65
quali tv ir
4 digiboxes
dragon cam
funcard7
sm3d12 motor
wavefrontier t90
90cm dish
1m dish
My Location
dublin, ireland
still on sale in maplin, bought one yesterday in dublin for €12.99

system32

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1234..search for more
Does anybody know any web site that offer for sale pcmcia external.