cheapest/easiest way to motorise

H

harmieuk2001

hi. i own a 1m dish mounted on a pole in the back garden which i use for the reception of nitv on telstar 12 at 15deg. w. all i want to do is to be able to recieve 16 degrees east on the same dish. I imediately thought dual lnb but. well. no. theyre a bit far apart! so i was wondering for me, what is the cheapest and easiest way to motorise this dish with my current cheapo "provision" (strong ripoff) fta reciever with diseqc 1.0 only? I heard something channel hopper said about people using a diseqc 1 system to drive dishes for recpetion of jst a few positions ie. 16 east and 15 west.. and ideas? I also might like to recive 13 east too and do away with the other dish on the front of the house but thats not entirely neccessary...

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Was talking about a DiseqC unit today that retails at £70ish that can be used to set 4 positions with diseqC 1.0.

Rolf

H

harmieuk2001

do you have any idea where i can get one? I cant seem to see them in what satellite tv.. and are the positions changeable? i think my reciever has a 250ma output or something if that matters... i heard 500 was needed??

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I'll check it out on monday when i speak to my supplier and get the full spec and product name. If it happens that the power draw is too high, there are a number of motorised options that can be used that don't break the bank.

rolf