check signal issue

costas1234

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none as yet
My Location
london
On the 13 and 28 degrees I seem to get signal night and day without any issues. On 46, 10east, 52.5 east at night I seem to lose the signal/unable to watch these stations. The receiver comes with check signal and no audio/video message. I previously had these satellites locked.

On 46 east I am trying to watch CBC sports. The no audio/video message comes up, even after I rescaned the satellite and CBC sports is found. All other channels on 46 are viewable though its just the sports channel. Also on 52.5 I am unable to view Varzish sports.

Could the lnb be at fault? I had the installation done around 15 or so months ago

The dish is 90cm motorised.

Last edited:

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Are you using USaLS/GoToX, or DiSEqC 1.2 for locking onot satellites? If you are using the automatic systems, have you tried sending the dish to the refence satellite?
The dish or motor mount may have moved, probably more likely than the LNB being faulty.

costas1234

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none as yet
My Location
london
I use Usals, though on the receiver says goes to 46 east, just the result of getting a channel varies. For example I received CBC sports but I know in the evening I will not be able to watch it

Ok on the command type I usually go to Go to position and not go to reference

Last edited:

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sometimes USaLS can get slightly lost, sending your dish to reference or "0" can cure that. If that doesn't solve things, it'll probably mean either the motor mount has moved around the mast slightly, or the dish elevation has dropped half a degree or so.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Does a neighbour hang their washing out at night in front of the dish?

Your moniker suggests you dont have a system either, so what did you have installed?

costas1234

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none as yet
My Location
london
somewhere across the line of the dish there is a tree that block access to some satellites. I have a 90cm motorised dish with usals

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Thne tree may well be weakening the signal enough to push it over the "digital cliff"

A 90cm dish is probably a bit small for 10E