Chelsea v Arsenal

drag0nfly_69uk

Reaction score
My Location
essex boy
no 1st it was the quad (carling cup as well), and then treble blah blah. i was really annoyed when it was suggested that the arse... should keep the fa cup for winning it 3 in a row, imagine how happy i was when i saw scholes knocked it out of their hands... that teach them to be so arrogant.. what was it last year? "we can the league without losing a single game" yeah right

what makes it complete is pool and toon can turn them over at the weekend, then it wont be anything this year let alone single, double treble

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
@ dragOnfly_69uk

To be fair to Arsenal and their manager (I'm not a supporter btw) all the stuff you've posted about them winning this that and the other was press talk M8 (rags like the Sun). Maybe they were over confident last season but they avoided that route this season. They lost and thats all there is to it but on premiership history there's no team to touch Man U (first) and Arsenal (second).

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Yeah, history is nice to have, but it doesn't compare to the Now and the Future!

_40012683_bridgescores203.jpg

Memories are for old folks in bathchairs and librarians, so for me, Chelsea better win another truckload of silverware in the very near future!

Gotta fancy our chances against Monaco. I still like Didier, but I wouldn't mind upsetting him a coupla times in the next month!

Now where's my.... Doh!
Anyone able to pick my bathchair up from the library?!?!

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
@ Jimbo...well m8 I have to say being an FA coach an that stuff that I feel if R A's money stays with Chelsea a new page in history will be written in British footy! Meaning that Chelsea given another year will be the Real Madrid of England :D

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
waverider said:
@ Jimbo...well m8 I have to say being an FA coach an that stuff that I feel if R A's money stays with Chelsea a new page in history will be written in British footy! Meaning that Chelsea given another year will be the Real Madrid of England :D
Out of the Champions League did you mean, WR :D

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Well, I have to say that when the season started and that Russian put all the money in I was a bit annoyed, that did not seem right from a moral point of view. But then the arrogance and whinginess (is there a worrd like this??) of the two Arses (N & Nal) did my head in and I looked at it from another point of view. And so I found myself watching the CL game hoping for Chelsea to win. Now for a ManU fan like myself it seems a bit strange, but I was really enjoying it...I can't wait for the next Ch - ManU game!!!
So it seems that in the coming years there will be 3 teams competing for it, and that is fine by me. I still think ManU are the best team, even if this season it did not work out.
And I just hope Chelsea are not going to end up like many other teams who had a sudden injection of cash.
Well done Chelsea, maybe you'll win something this season. But next season....

clivebulmer

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well what can one say today. Up the gunners. Great result today against Liverpool 4 - 2 and seven points clear.

Granted Chelsea are a great side and Claudio has done wonderful things to the club without a doubt. I wonder if Chelsea can break the records that Arsenal hold now 31 games unbeaten in the premiership and only lost to Chelsea once in 5 years recently at Highbury. If Chelsea can do the same to Arsenal over a five year period then you would generally say Chelsea are the best but until then.............

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I think that as soon as Henry (unquestionably the best player on the planet) picks up an injury, Arsenal will slip into the Nationwide league, leaving Chelsea to bury ManU by 20 points, and take over the world.

Anyone whining about the money Chelsea now have at their disposal is just jealous. Yes, money does buy success, and that is how Arsenal, Man U, Blackburn, Real, AC Milan and anyone else made the big time.

No, it doesn't guarantee it (ask Leeds United), and it is possible for the odd 'poor' side to upset the balance occaisionally (and I must admit, it's good too see...) but that's just life.

Any club inheriting a bucketload of cash would enjoy spending it. Tell me it isn't so, and I'll call you a liar.

Let the good times roll...

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Greater London
@T-G...I suppose you had Blackburn in mind?

@ clivebulmer ..Welcome to the forum. I'd go along with what you say, one result (which it is really) doesn't change my view that Arsenal are better than Chelsea. Good as Chelsea are, I feel there's no solid base to the club. Maybe that will come. I agree with T_G though, Man U are still the number 1 English club.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Well. I did not only think of Blackburn, there were other clubs who had a sudden injection of cash or had a very rich backer (Marsseille, Rome, Fulham, Watford), and the minute this backing went (and remember, not even the rich Russian will stay forever) the clubs usually went back to where they came from. Of course Chelsea were not too far off the top in recent years, but I am not sure now that the sugar daddy will take care of everything they will invest and develop the youth system. It is far easier to buy...

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
I think you will find T G that the majority of top clubs all have decent academys m8....funny thing though the two best one's in London are Charlton and Leyton Orient! these two clubs beleive it or not have the best youth and community programs within the M25!

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Greater London
What marks them out as best, WR? I know that Watford's under 17's and under 19's are pretty good. I'm not saying they are better though.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
I was once at Hertfordshire University on a F.A course Jim, there were some lads from Watford's academy (U14's) being used in the topics and demonstrations and yes I can say they were very good too. I think what makes Charlton and the O's such good academys is not only the volume of young players they have, but what they put into the local community too.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Yep, a good football academy is vital. I think small clubs got to have them, even more than big clubs, because it may provide them with some money if they manage to sell them to a big club....