• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Choices for spain

My Satellite Setup
unknown
My Location
notts
Hi everyone,
I've just joined and need some help in trying to decide what to purchace for my father who lives in Spain, at the moment he can receive all the SKY channels but with no card (subscription) he can only view the FTA channels.
Ive been looking at the ECHOLINK EL - 777 FTA DIGITAL SATELLITE RECEIVER, will this decode the Sky channels or if not what can u recommend?
Hope someone can point me in the right direction,
Thanks
Paul

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Berkshire
The only thing which will reliably decode the Sky channels is a Sky digibox and Sky card. It is possible to watch the channels using a Dreambox or other type of linux receiver and a connection to the internet for a card sharing server, but finding one is not easy and they are not always reliable.

My Satellite Setup
unknown
My Location
notts
It seems it might not be as simple as i first thought then! Ive just had a look at 'card sharing' and thats out of the question for him, I thought once the box was purchased it would find the channels and decode them without much problems,
Thanks
Paul

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
IDD CI24 ECONO MM Penta 1.20 Galaxy II
1.2Mtr Polar MTG yes it has been on the arc for 25 years and is now fixed on 13 East using two pairs of rusty molegrips. Unlike me they never groan but always perform.
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
If that was the case umpteen million subscribers would be doing it and sky would be out of businessO-stO-no