Class 9000 HD how to update

berem

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM-2600 Super DiSEqC Satellite Motor
My Location
UK
Hi everyone,

I hope somebody can help for me. I recently bought a Class 9000 HD box which is a linux box. I need to connect my box to my laptop to update it with the latest software and also to change some file inside e.g. cccam.cfg and cccam.prio files as well. I got a right cable for it what else do I need?
Any idea welcome thanks in advance for the listening.

I am a desperate biginners.

berem

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The config files can easily be changed by using ftp once your unit is connected up to your network and you have it set up propely..

berem

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi

Thanks for your answer. Can you explain to me how can I use this ftp connection to get access to my set top box?
Unfortunately I am a begginer in this topic I don`t really undeerstand for it.
Thanks for your help.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Assuming you have a broadband router,

basically you connect the receiver to your router, set your network connection up and access the numerical address on the box (something like 192.168.0.10) via your computer.

Launch the ftp programme, log into the receiver and edit the required files. Dead simple.

berem

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
hi,

I would like to try but I use the total commnder to connact to my box via ftp the box asked me about password and login name. Unfortunately I do not know mine. If you available to help me I appreciate it so much. Here is my box type again CLASS 9000 HD. I hope you are better to set it up than me in this.
Thanks for your help again.
berem

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If you dont know the password then you are stuck. Cant help you with the passwords as Ive never even seen a Class receiver let alone used one.

You could try

user = admin

password = root

Thats a common default one

berem

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
hi,
it s me again :-ohmy unfortunately the pass and login does not worked at all.
is there any idea after this?
thanks i looking for everywhere but it seems like know about this stb. :-(
thanks berem

sunday96

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have an Xtrend ET9200
My Location
United Kingdom
Hello there,

For the class 9000 USB box, you do not need password or username to update the kernel nor do you need to use ftp.

Download the require file, I think the latest is 2.52 and copy to a fat32 formatted USB pen drive.

Insert the drive into your box and shut down the box. Power up the box again and the box will detect the new kernel on the drive. It will take about 5 minutes for the upgrade.

Once done, you can use the buttons on your remote control to input your your CCCAM settings.
I have exactly the same box as you and this is how I normally do it.

Let me know if you still have problem with it.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk

mo_patel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
class hd
My Location
london
Hi there, any luck setting up the class hd box?? ive been stuck on it for weeks! i have tried upgrading cccam.cfg via usb, it uploads successfully, but all premium channels are still scrambled!
Sunday96 mentioned you need to download the required file. which file are you talking about??
have i missed something other than what i have just said i am doing?? please help.. many thanks

davemurgtroyd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Oxford
Hi there, any luck setting up the class hd box?? ive been stuck on it for weeks! i have tried upgrading cccam.cfg via usb, it uploads successfully, but all premium channels are still scrambled!
Sunday96 mentioned you need to download the required file. which file are you talking about??
have i missed something other than what i have just said i am doing?? please help.. many thanks

If you are attempting to access Pay TV without a valid Subscription then we cannot help in any way.