RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
they will soon be a reality!!!

no really.. i dont know if some of you have read this....

The cloaking devices that are used to render spacecraft invisible in Star Trek might just work in reality, two mathematicians have claimed

source BBC click here to read the story

what next??? com badges instead of mobile phones!!!

could do with a universal translator, for the Portuguese section :)

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
OK if all you want to hide is dust - LOL

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
RedDevil_UK said:
what next??? com badges instead of mobile phones!!!

could do with a universal translator, for the Portuguese section :)

"Combadges" are already invented, the bbc had a device on their news pages that you tap, say the name of the person you want to contct and it dialled their number and you spoke to them handsfree, it's just the voice recognition troubles they need to iron out though....

Me too, a UT could be handy round here too, so I could undersatnd what the locals and the local indians are talking about!!!!! :D

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
It's all getting too much to take, so beam me up Scottie ........

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
spiney said:
It's all getting too much to take, so beam me up Scottie ........

Energising.....

:D :D :D

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
gameboy said:
OK if all you want to hide is dust - LOL

Surely a vaccuum cleaner already does that.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Channel Hopper said:
Surely a vaccuum cleaner already does that.

It does, until you change the bag or empty the bin (depending on whether it's a bagged or bagless cleaner) then it sprays all over the place again undoing your lovely work on the carpets.....:D

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
" ....... nay Cap'in, cannae operate yon transporter, I need more power, ye, ken, more power ......"

In which case I'll just crawl into the nearest Jeffries Tube. Only place in a starship where you can smoke, and maybe do a few other private things .........

( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffries_tube ).

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Jeffrey may object.

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands
Hmmm ..... saw "How William Shatner (ie, Star Trek) Changed The World" prog on CH 5 a few days ago.

It was trying to claim that some real-world "gadgets" only got invented after first being seen on Star Trek. Nice idea - made an entertaining TV prog - but entirely false!

Things like cellular phones (for example) only got invented when they did, because the required technology had by then progressed sufficiently to allow them to exist. Otherwise, many common "gadgets" would have appeared much sooner.

(Dick Tracey had a wrist radio long before Star Trek: http://davidszondy.com/future/Living/wrist_radio.htm )

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands
Thanks for that link! Haven't seen Seven - dislike most movies made since 1990 - but still enjoyed the clip, especially the kiss!

Shatners's another one of those people who polarises opinions - you either love him or hate him - but there's no denying he's a "human dynamo"! For example, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Shatner .

My personal Shatner fave is his self-parody in Airplane2, a "tour de force". He also famously wears a wig, see: www.cartoonstock.com/directory/w/william_shatner.asp .

He's also extremely easy for others to parody .........
See (it's a hoot!): http://humor.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=humor&zu=http%3A%2F%2Fsimshatner.fanspace.com%2F .

(Click on question mark, at picture lower left!).

Hmmm ........