clubland tv

puggrasser636

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
old
My Location
uk
dont know if this is the right place to post but anyway.
been away from messing with sat's for a few years, (d2mac) but the other week my sly box became a football across livingroom so I looked on ebay and found someone close selling a motorised samsung sytem. so I won that and put it up today. it is a DSB960/C with dragon cam and firecard 9. I have found and tuned 19.e and 28.e and got loads of channels but cannot find my favourite music channel CLUBLAND that was free on SLY. do I need to put the SLY card in or will it not work. or am I not pointed at right satellite as there is loads up there now, not like years ago. thanks...calvin.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Its on 11222H 27500 2/3. No card required - its fta

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
That channel is listed as being FTA (Free to Air) on 28.5E, 11223 H 27500, try altering the frequency slightly, above and below, and re-scan, e.g. 11226 H 27500.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
11222H is one of the bullseye frequencies for interference from DECT phones or BT homehubs. If you have either unplug the base unit when scanning

p

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm gregorian
5way zone2
My Location
Rainham, essex
your other problem is they only have a playlist of about 20 songs!

puggrasser636

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
old
My Location
uk
many thanks now found it and more. next questions....
the set up I bought of ebay (£65) so not bad really as a second hand sly box would be £30-ish around my area.
1st..... thing I now realise that you have to put in the transponder info then it finds more channels, where as years ago you just lined the dish up and it moved across the arc and found all channels on each satellite. when I looked it only had about 12 trans listed and thats why I could not find half of the channels.
2nd..... are 28.2 + 28.5 so close that it will pick all channels up without moving dish. ( using 1.0m dish north yorkshire).
3rd.... the only thing wrong with the system was that the l.n.b was knacked so I used my old (universal gold) one from d2mac days seems ok.
4th... it came with a dragon cam + firecrpt9 card but the person said it was at least 5 years old. it seems to work so is it possible to update e.t.c as looking through the menu's in the card cam section looks similar to old d2mac codes.
5th... would it be easier for me to put all the transponder listings in by hand and search channels or is there any downloads for my old machine samsung dsb-9601c thanks...