Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.5
Inverto black ultra, quad.
Pace 2600 C1
Humax freesat hd
My Location
MADRID, SPAIN
My house has tv sockets in 7 rooms and one out side on the terrace i have brought the cable from sat dish through the terrace socket into my box and tv (5 meters). Where it comes into house there is a junction box with coax cables going in different directions to other rooms and somewhere connected to aerial. So if i were to connect another cable from lnb into this box would i in fact have a satellite signal in other rooms, would there be a great loss of signal and if so what could i do to minimise it.
Thanks again in advance

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
No you can't do it like that!

Don't forget that not only does an LNB feed bung the Satellite signal down to the Receiver, but it also carries 13/18V and 22KHz tone from the Receiver to the LNB to tell it which Polarity and Band to deliver.

So, not just to avoid signal losses, but also to prevent switching conflicts, you cannot split the signal in this way.

Instead, you really need to think about providing a separate feed for each Receiver (Further than that, a separate Feed for each Tuner, in case you've got any PVRs).

One Feed to the main box plus a separate Feed split six ways is a hybrid disaster in the making!

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Consider the quality and length of cabling.
Disconnection from aerial and connecting one of the cables onto a spare port of the LNb (for example) will indeed pass satellite signals to that one room. Installing a multiswitch here will allow multiple points with use of a quattro LNb.

NOSMO

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.5
Pace 2600 C1
Humax freesat hd
My Location
MADRID, SPAIN
Tivù said:
No you can't do it like that!

Don't forget that not only does an LNB feed bung the Satellite signal down to the Receiver, but it also carries 13/18V and 22KHz tone from the Receiver to the LNB to tell it which Polarity and Band to deliver.

So, not just to avoid signal losses, but also to prevent switching conflicts, you cannot split the signal in this way.

Instead, you really need to think about providing a separate feed for each Receiver (Further than that, a separate Feed for each Tuner, in case you've got any PVRs).

One Feed to the main box plus a separate Feed split six ways is a hybrid disaster in the making!

so if i bring 4 feeds in and isolate where the cables go then put a box on the end of each one that would be ok

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Not sure what you're driving at ...........

Just looked again at your first Post and counted a total of eight feeds required, which is the absolute max you can get with a standard Universal LNB (I don't rightly recall from our other debates what you've actually got by way of Dish/LNB. Edit: Just checked your Profile, so I now do recall!).

Bearing in mind you'd be left with no expansion facility, you'd be best advised to follow satelliteman's suggestion of fitting a Quattro LNB then a Multiswitch with enough outputs to satisfy your immediate needs plus a few more for luck.

Edit: Yes I think I now do understand your four feeds point: From eg a Quad Output LNB you can run one feed directly to each of four tuners. If you want the eight you suggested initially, you can get Octo Output LNBs but I'd favour satelliteman's approach instead.

What type and quality of cabling do you already have for distribution? If it is UHF TV grade coax, you'll have to bin it and refit with Satellite grade double screened.

NOSMO

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.5
Pace 2600 C1
Humax freesat hd
My Location
MADRID, SPAIN
i have a quatro lnb but can only bring cables into house at one point where the junction box is, i dont need all 7 cables live then i would have to buy more tv's. Just wondered if i could use the existing cables maybe through a switching box and all would be ok, is this the same type of system that is used in apartment blocks

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Yes, you need 4 cables from a quattro LNb to be fed into a switch. From the output of the switch you connect up the cable feeds to rooms.

Simples!

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
NOSMO said:
i have a quatro lnb

Are you sure about that?

My reading of your Profile and the text of Posts suggests you've got a Quad: They are not the same thing .................

Either that or I am suffering from storm fatigue.

embalse

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2600/ Technomate 1500ci
My Location
UK Surrey / Spain Madrid
satelliteman said:
Yes, you need 4 cables from a quattro LNb to be fed into a switch. From the output of the switch you connect up the cable feeds to rooms.

Simples!

I believe Tivù is correct he has a Quad.

It sounds like the original installation was done with 19.2 in mind, not 28.2.

I really recommend you re-think the whole cable install and forget what is already there. The cable in the house if you did not put it is probably poor quality anyway.

You are in a Fringe area, using a dish that is not big enough to get all channels on 28.2, 24/7. Every ounce of signal you can muster is important.

The best way to obtain this is...

Use WF100 cable or equivilant.

Run the cable directly from your LNB to your Pace reciever with NO connection breaks. In your case I would run 2 cables in case you decide to go the Humax route later.

If you decide to get another Pace box for another room you will need to run a seperate cable directly from the LNB to the Pace in the other room.

NOSMO

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.5
Pace 2600 C1
Humax freesat hd
My Location
MADRID, SPAIN
ok i got it cheers all