Coaxial for motorised satellite

Thom1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm satgear comag dish, Opticom Nytrobox AX, Technomate DiSEqC H-H motor TM - 2300m3
My Location
Livingston, West Lothian
Hello everyone, I've recently moved to a new house, out in the sticks. Instead of using RG6 I'm thinking of getting RG11 for my motorised satellite. Problem is that I can't seem to find anywhere that has it. Can anyone give me some assistance on where to purchase it? Many thanks in advance..

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
RG11 can be found in England, not sure about Ireland, although not many people use it because it is more costly and less flexible. What length cable run are you proposing? I tend to use RG6/WF100 (1mm core) for pretty much all satellite installations, although I do have WF125 standard and direct burial in my garage for the odd long distance job. Most people go for fibre for 100m plus runs, takes loss out of the equation.

PS. WF125 and 165 connectors are also quite expensive.

Thom1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm satgear comag dish, Opticom Nytrobox AX, Technomate DiSEqC H-H motor TM - 2300m3
My Location
Livingston, West Lothian
RG11 can be found in England, not sure about Ireland, although not many people use it because it is more costly and less flexible. What length cable run are you proposing? I tend to use RG6/WF100 (1mm core) for pretty much all satellite installations, although I do have WF125 standard and direct burial in my garage for the odd long distance job. Most people go for fibre for 100m plus runs, takes loss out of the equation.

PS. WF125 and 165 connectors are also quite expensive.
Thank you for your reply.

I'm in Scotland, West of Edinburgh in the country. My dish is at the back of the house but luckily there has been a dish instalment and all hole's in outside through to the inside are already there. In total I'd say around 50-70 ft will be enough. I've just been looking at Toolstation they have CT100 coaxial which would probably do the job just as well if not better.

It is also reasonably inexpensive so if things didn't work I won't have lost a lot. I currently have the Technomate TM-5402 M4 receiver but will probably upgrade shortly..

Thom.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The loss on 25m will be acceptable (about 6db at the highest frequencies) for what you are doing. I liked my 5402 M2, but gave it to a pensioner customer of mine some time back, one of the best and easiest receiver to set up as well. WF100 scpec below.
. 1708246785257.png

Thom1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Livingston, West Lothian
The loss on 25m will be acceptable (about 6db at the highest frequencies) for what you are doing. I liked my 5402 M2, but gave it to a pensioner customer of mine some time back, one of the best and easiest receiver to set up as well. WF100 scpec below.
. View attachment 154568
Hi again.

Thank you for that, I've just done a little checking and the CT100 is prone to water issues whereas the WF100 you've posted up would be more appropriate. Also helps with the spec too. I'll go and get some WF100 tomorrow.

I might also have a look on an upgrade to my M4. Or if you have a suggestion I'd be happy to hear it.

Thank you again.

Thom.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Batt Cables has branches in the UK and - allegedly - has RG11 in their inventory.

Their spec sheet details shows attenuation to be slightly worse than WF100 at 100MHz which is somewhat odd.