satscaner

We Are The Supreme Beings
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M prime focus with SA58 H-H
receiver-New Wave 9000 BP MK II
My Location
hampshire
I've just had the interview been given the talk, you can earn this ect ect:-rofl2

Guy's whats the real story? what is it really like working for cobra? how much do you get paid when there training you up for SKY?

Please let me know as much as you can...

R

Rd100

Other people have said on other forums that the company is a joke, What training do they want to give to install a very small basic RX only antenna it seems a joke aswell,

Working for them all you have to do is install the same little dish on the same satellite every day and have got to do loads of installs a day,

Myself i would rather work on a burger van it would be more fun and just as good pay if not maybe more

Satscaner if you have installed your own dishes in the past i would say you already know more than any one at cobra at the moment,

My advise from people i know and who work & have worked for sky & there contractors get a job in retail or a factory you will make more money and be more happy

satscaner said:
I've just had the interview been given the talk, you can earn this ect ect:-rofl2

Guy's whats the real story? what is it really like working for cobra? how much do you get paid when there training you up for SKY?

Please let me know as much as you can...

satscaner

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
hampshire
I was wonder why it took 2 weeks to teach you how to install a mini dish and a box??????

I've Installed my own fixed dish pointing at 28.2 along with an offset 1.m and now a 1.2m prime focus dish. This is my H-H motorissed system all set up with a spirit level, a compass some patiance and a spanner.

Oh and they wanted to take aprox £600 out of my wage to pay for a drill and meter.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
lol why'd you want to work for them ?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You have to pay for your own drill and meter?

satscaner

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
hampshire
Yep got to pay for your own meter and drill.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lol why'd you want to work for them ?

Im an electrician working in the maintenance side of the job which I've been doing for 9 years now, But I'm bord of that now. I saw the job in the paper for cobra an thought I'd give it a go.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
satscaner said:
Yep got to pay for your own meter and drill.....

Wave a screwfix catalogue at them as you tell them to take a long walk down a short pier

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
yeah if you take the job buy your own meter and drill will be much cheaper

R

Rd100

Most sky contractors have to buy there own meter and coax cable & T&K'S and you get some you only get paid per job and If the sky receiver or lnb/dish has a fault with it's first week or so you do not get paid for the job and have to go out and put it right,

satscaner

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
hampshire
At the moment I think I'd be stupid to leave the job I'm in as there are a lot more benefts here than what cobra offer me. Pluss I think I would have to be doing 8 - 10 installs/jobs a day to earn the money I'm on at the moment.