Confusing problem in Hungary!!!!

llareggub

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Amstrad Sky Box, 80cm Skymaster dish Unsure of LNB
My Location
Eastern Hungary
Hi guys, my first time posting here and I hope that someone can help me with a problem that I cannot figure out in my head.

I live in eastern Hungary, about 100 miles due east of of Budapest. I have an 80cm Skymaster dish run through an old Amstrad sky box with a FTV card. Until yesterday I was happy with my reception and was able to get the 5 channels along with various news channels, and in the summer am picking up the zone channels and true movies etc etc...

We had a power cut yesterday afternoon (which is not unusual) and my box now comes up with a message saying

"For Your Information 29
No Satelite Signal is being recieved"

I have tinkered with my dish using a friends Sky master box and have checked my channel list on Lyngsat and it would seem that I am connected to the Astra 2b series of satelites...

I initially put the problem to the box being dead until I took it to my friends house (approx 500m away as the crow flies) and there is a good signal and the box works fine.

Hopefully someone has some ideas or thoughts?

Thank you in advance

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Welcome,

Might be a default transponder problem setting on the receiver but according to the coverage maps, North & South beams are receivable with an 80cm dish (shown very close to the edge of the footprint mind). Could easily be an LNb or dish alignment fault.

llareggub

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Eastern Hungary
Thanks for your reply, could dish/LNB alignment really be the problem if I am getting a signal from the Astra array of signals from my dish with a different satelite reciever box?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
llareggub said:
Thanks for your reply, could dish/LNB alignment really be the problem if I am getting a signal from the Astra array of signals from my dish with a different satelite reciever box?

Different makes of stb's contain different tuners, some have a low signal threshold some have a high signal threshold. There is nothing unusual with that scenario in fringe reception areas.

llareggub

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Eastern Hungary
Thanks for the comments guys, still no joy, have played around a little and done some research and it would seem that I am bicking up most of the astra signals other than the expected lack of 2d. But preplexingly am not picking up the fixed signal. Could this be why my Skybox is not working?