• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

connecting a 2nd dish

My Location
cyprus
Hi to all!

I am new to this site and relatively new to the satellite world. I currently have a Humax 5400 decoder and my dish is turned onto Hotbird. I have decided to put a 2nd dish (1-metre) presumably to catch a channel from Telstar 12. How far apart must the two dishes be from each other? I heard there i a small box that will enable me to connect both on the roof, thus only one cable will be dropped down the apartment. What is this box called, where must i place it, and is the connection easy to do (without any specific tools, etc.)?

Thanks.
k

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
If you already have a Hummie why go for the second dish option.
You can pick up a motor/mount/ 1 mtre dish for less than a ton in the Loot ,or a cheap sat shop. and for what your contemplating
the costs about the same, except you should get a lot of diff sats.

Dave.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Krassi22,

As Dave says a motor would give you a lot more potential viewing material, but if there are reasons why motorisation is not possible or suitable, all you will need is a DiseqC 2 way switch near the dishes which can be pretty close to each other, providing one does not obscure the other's sight of the satellite.