Connecting a receiver to a notebook

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Hi

I've got a question for you experts: I got an Acer notebook running Vista. I am connected to my home network via wifi, everything works fine. My qboxhd is also connected to the same network via wifi, but to update the boot loader I need to connect it with a lan cable. Usually I would connect directly to the hub next to the wifi router, but I got a problem with that and I want to try something else.

I tried to connect the receiver directly to the LAN of the notebook with a crossover cable, but I am a bit stuck as I don't know how to sort out the actual connection. Where do I enter the ip addresses etc?

Cheers, TG

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
Hi T_G,
I missed your post until today.

I'm on XP at the minute and don't have access to Vista till later today, so I cant remember exactly how to get to the menu to set up your network.

Somewhere under network settings you should be able to find your network card as a connection/device. Right click it, then choose properties.

Under the general tab, you should find on option called 'Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)'. You can set up your IP address etc by clicking properties.

Sorry I cant be more specific at the minute.

Attachments

• networksettings.JPG
    networksettings.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 24
  • networksettings2.JPG
    networksettings2.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 13