Connecting to Dreambox over Internet ... problem

sputnick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7000S, movable dish 1m pointing at 13E, 5E and 4W. The Gemini Project 2.90 Image in Flash. No multi-boot.
My Location
Belgium - Brussels
Hello guys.
I wiil start with configuration i am trying. If some one could look into it and any suggestions would be great. Ok here it comes :

At home I use DM7000, my PC, DI-604 D-link rooter and a cable connection by Chello ( Belgium ). I have ports 21 and 80 opened in rooter to my DM7000. So when I type the adres of external IP from what ever computer, i tried friends and work, all goes perfect. I can see the Gemini Web-Interface, I can control my DM7000 and I can upload things over ftp too.

At friend's house I use DM500, same PC, same rooter and a cable conncetion by Telenet.
I can connet to this rooter throught port 8080 and see it's web-interface; He has the exact same configuration of port forwarding as at home. But I can not connect to this DM500, neither on port 80, neither on 21. When at friend's house, when I type the internal IP of DM500, I get to see the web-interface of Gemini ( by the way we use both same image ) and even if I type the adres of the external IP i can also conncet to web-interface of DM500. BUT IS IS NOT WORKING from any other PC besides his.

Any ideas.

Thank you very much.
Sput.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Is anything else on your friends network e.g. PC, using ports 80 and 21?

Can you ping his external IP address?

If he's running Windows and has IIS installed, have you tried setting up a webpage and see if you can access that using his external IP address?

galle

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500s
DM 8000s
My Location
finland
_http://www.expansys.com/ft.aspx?i=110551&thread=962

HutchTheCrutch

Reaction score
Sounds like you have the Windows Firewall switched on to me. This has caused me numerous problems in the past.