connecting two KU dish with one set top box

Jigten

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DishTV
My Location
Himachal
hello friend,

i use to watch dd channels from insat and telstar 10. but i had change the wire everytime as i got two dish on roof but one STB. both the wire of dish goes in to my room. so can any one tell me how can i connect two dish from different sat to one Set top box. so i don't need to change wire every time. Is ther any special connector or equipment for that.

I try to connect both the dish cable and connect it with stb, but i can't search channel. it got hang up...so please help.....if this is success i don't need to buy another set top box.

bigtee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky; Raven 90 multi-LNB 1W,5E, 7E, 9E, 13E 16E, 19E, 28E; 60cm Triax dish on Moteck SG2100 motor; Various Receivers
My Location
Kent, UK
Yep, go and buy a Diseqc Switch (either 2-way or 4-way) ad they are very cheap too; should be about US$10.

member91040

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, & Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
Welcome Back jigten, bigtee is right, buy 4 way, its only 5 $ .

Jigten

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DishTV
My Location
Himachal
Thank you

I asked this solution to many hard ware shop in himachal, those who deal with cable equipment But they says its not possible to connect two different KU band satellite dish with one Set top Box.
Ok, now i will ask for "Diseqc Switch" next time. may be this is the solution which i was looking for till now.
I am staying little far from town, once i got there definately i will ask for "Diseqc Switch" and i will let you know all.