connection diagram

steve1983

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sony dx 8000
My Location
cambridgeshire
can someone please let me know of where i get get a connection diagram so that i can have my tv, dvd, video and freeview box all connected and that i dont have to keep changing around scarts all teh time

any help will be great my email is
turbod206@hotmail.com

cheer
steve pierson

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
How many scart connections are on your tv? If you want to be able to record everything will need to go through your VCR. e.g

DVD direct to TV.
Freeview to VCR. VCR to TV.

You can get scart boxes if you haven't got enough scarts on your TV (try ebay, search for scart box, they're about £2).

steve1983

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sony dx 8000
My Location
cambridgeshire
hi i have only one scart connections on the back of my tv same for the dvd and vcr, i brought one of the scart splitter boxes from ebay but that meant i lost sound on freeview and then couldnt get dvd on my tv anyways

thanks for the help can you think of anything else

cheers steve pierson
mhku said:
How many scart connections are on your tv? If you want to be able to record everything will need to go through your VCR. e.g

DVD direct to TV.
Freeview to VCR. VCR to TV.

You can get scart boxes if you haven't got enough scarts on your TV (try ebay, search for scart box, they're about £2).

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
steve1983 said:
can someone please let me know of where i get get a connection diagram so that i can have my tv, dvd, video and freeview box all connected and that i dont have to keep changing around scarts all teh time

:-Welcome1

With only one SCART on each you're limited - you can't SCART them all without an expensive SCART switcher, as you have found, the cheap ones just don't cut it!

You can't record DVDs so I would use the SCART from the DVD to the TV, The others I would use the RF aerial lead daily chained from one to the other,

The aerial should go first to the Freeview box then out to the video and then to the TV. this will allow you to record the Freeview and the normal TV through the aerial.

Using the RF will mean you will have to retune the video RF output to another frequency (chance are it is set to the same as the Freeview box).

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Did you try swapping the scart leads around? ie are they fully soldered (every pin)?