connection to cccam refused

fintannl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Single Sat Dish and DM800
My Location
Ireland
has anyone seen this error message 'sorry connection to cccam refused. check that cccam is running and your webinfo settings. invariably i get this error message in the morning when i want to check client status. using my dm800 remote control i use the green then red button to get into the cccam information screen. now when i for example i want to check active clients i get this error message. i simply can't understand why this is happening but i suspect it is associated with my isp releasing dynamic connections at night-time.

WildBit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-DM800 fixed on 28.2-quad
-DM7020 motorized
-Skystar HD2 motorized
-Cards&Cams&Cas
My Location
Ireland
CCcam has a webinterface which defaults on port 16001, try using that instead of remote control. Is it just a message or an error? Are you connecting through the public network or LAN?

fintannl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
Please find a copy of cccam.cfg. As you can see I do have webinfo port set.

#This config was created using the Dreambox Config Creator.
#Designed & Written by B16MCC
SERVER LISTEN PORT : 12000
SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY : /dev/sci0 3430000
BOXKEY : /dev/sci0 xx xx xx xx
F: user pass 2 0 1 { 0:0:1 }
TELNETINFO LISTEN PORT : 16000
WEBINFO LISTEN PORT : 16001

Having said that when I open a browser and type in address 192.168.x.x.:16001 I get

The webpage cannot be displayed

Most likely cause:
•Some content or files on this webpage require a program that you don't have installed.

What you can try:
Search online for a program you can use to view this web content.

Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page.

Now what I can see is that when I check DynDns I find that my IP has not been updated correctly and is not current. I think this is the crux of the problem. Now I have set my router to update Dyndns automatically and there is never a problem during the day. It is always in the early hours of the morning that the system stops working.

I have verified that the internet is working and can do a download of say a Nabilo skin without any adjustment to the system. So why is the IP update failing to DynDns. I can restart the Cam but this does not solve the problem. I still get the 'cccam connection refused message'. I need to reboot the dreambox to get the system running again. This is all on a patched BL69 version of Nabilosat 0.12 for a dm800hd. Thanks

WildBit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-DM800 fixed on 28.2-quad
-DM7020 motorized
-Skystar HD2 motorized
-Cards&Cams&Cas
My Location
Ireland
Ok, I'm a bit confused from your msg. You continue mentioning dyndns, does this mean that you are trying from the WAN side? If so, you need to open whatever port you want to access on your router (this is the part that's is very unsecure and not reccomended). Also, if you are trying to access from the internet (WAN - example from your office to home) you cannot use your private address (192.168.x.x) that will only work on your LAN side. Replace the 192.x.x.x with your dyndns alias

fintannl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
no wildbit i am checking internally. what i do note is that dyddns is not updated in which case my buddy will not be able to connect to my system. when i do get this cccam refusal message, each time i check dyndns i see it is not updated. my router is set up to update dyndns but it doesn't seem to be doing a great job of it. i'm wondering if my isp disconnects me while cccam is communicating to external client, does this somehow screw up my local cccam

fintannl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
i think the problem may be that clinet is hard powering down his dreambox each night (simply unplugging it without soft powering it down). i guess cccam might not be able to cope with such an immediate loss of communication and as such ther server hangs. is this likely or possible

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
I've noticed a similar problem to yours with the exception that when i check the web interface via a browser, I can connect without any problem.

For this reason I had put it down to a problem with the version of CCcamInfo which was pre-installed on the image I'm using (Its Dreamelite which I gather is closely related to Nabilosat teams images).

Is CCcam still reading the local card and accessing shares via remote servers? In my case it is, everything is fine except for connecting using CCcamInfo.

fintannl said:
i think the problem may be that clinet is hard powering down his dreambox each night (simply unplugging it without soft powering it down). i guess cccam might not be able to cope with such an immediate loss of communication and as such ther server hangs. is this likely or possible
Killing CCcam without a proper shutdown on the client end shouldnt cause any problems for a server. All the default CCcam start/stop script does is issue a 'killall -9' signal to tell the process to stop without letting it perform any cleanup operations (Like telling any servers its connected to that its going to sleep/shutting down), which amounts to the same thing as killing the mains power.

If your router is not updating your dynamic DNS mapping, you should use the Inadyn plugin thats already installed on your image for the job. It works flawlessly once you set it up. On the image I'm running its under Blue Panel -> Settings Panel -> Inadyn Settings.

fintannl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
Thanks Compufunk, for some strange reason I cannot access cccaminfo on port 16001. I get
The webpage cannot be displayed

Most likely cause:
•Some content or files on this webpage require a program that you don't have installed.

What you can try:
Search online for a program you can use to view this web content.

Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page.

Also I find that when I get the CCCAM refusal message, I then check Inadyn and see that it is in status Stopped. I cannot start it. using the red button on the remote control. It is simply hung. Because it is hung it will not update to latest dynamic IP address and as such client will not work. I have tried to get router to do DNS update but my router simply will not do this in a consistent fashion. Each and every time I have seen this CCCAM error message I get the Inadyn hang problem. I just check this morning and I have the same issue again. When I logged on to dyndns I saw that there was maintenance ongoing. I wonder if this problem is associated with dyndns not responding to inadyn, which is hanging inadyn and in turn hanging cccaminfo. Driving me nuts. Have to reboot dreambox to get things back running again

fintannl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
well i thought i was out of the woods on this one. after installing dream elite everything worked perfect for the last 4-5 days. then this morning it was back to the cccam connection refused and inadyn stopped issue. so i did a bit of testing. i disconnected the internet from my router so my dsl died. i then checked cccaminfo and this was fine. i waited for inadyn to try and update the dynamic dyndns which it did with 192.168.1.1 (because it simply did not have an external IP address available to do the update with). I then reconnected the internet and the next inadyn update changed the IP to the new IP assigned by the ISP. When I checked CCCAM my clients were all back working. So this is exactly how you would expect things to work. So what in heavens name is going on with this CCCAM connection refused/ Inadyn stopped issue. Not only is Inadyn in a stopped state you simply cannot restart it using the remote control. It is in a hung state. The only way out of it is to reboot the dreambox. If I look at the Inadyn log all seems normal. It really does seem like an image software fault. Note that I have had the same problem on Nabilo 0.11, Nabilo 0.12 and now Dream Elite. I know that fundamentally these images are built on the same base software so there must be a bug in there somewhere. If anyone has any ideas on how to try and nail this problem down I would be most appreciative

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
I have no idea what is going on here, I just have a suggestion.

Whenever the problem occurs, try restarting the Inadyn script using telnet/ssh instead of rebooting the box.

You can restart using........
Code:
/usr/bin/inadyn_script.sh restart

If this fails to restart, you can just kill the daemon, then restart it.
Code:
killall inadyn

fintannl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
Thanks Compufunk, i think you are right that this is simply a cccaminfo problem. While Inadyn is hanging if I look at my lights on the router I can see that there is a connection to the outside world still working so I assume while inadyn is hanging on my system (ie. I can't use my remote control to restart it) it is in fact still working away. I didn't notice any new versions of cccaminfo for download via addons so I guess I'm stuck with this problem for the moment