Connection to Zphone GPON 2427a

Fishneedbikes

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a zhone GPON 2427a -eu installed in an apartment in Spain. It supplies broadband & tv. I was hoping to connect a dreambox (ZGemma H.2S) to the Zphone but do not understand how to or even it its possible.
My Location
Malaga spain
Hi, i have Zphone GPON 2427A-EU in an apartment in Spain. I purchased a dreambox last year and was hoping to move it this setup. Its a ZPhone Gpon 2427a. Is this possible? The dreambox is a Zgemma H.2s. Any help would be very much appreciated. Unfortunately, i do not know much about the existing setup or the ins and outs of the technical aspects. Hopefully, the info privided will be sufficient.
Thank you
Michael

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Welcome to the forum Michael.
You seem to have some things mixed up.
Dreamboxes are Enigma 2 based receivers, the Zgemma star H.2S is a satellite receiver but it's not a dreambox.
From an internet search the Zhone ZNID-GPON-2427A-EU appears to be an internet router.
All you need to do is connect your receiver, to your router, using the cable that should have been provided, install an image, on your Zgemma star H.2S, if it hasn't got one loaded already, then go into the menu, network, and use the wizard to set up a connection.
Can you please provide more information, regarding your satellite set up.
Do you have your own satellite dish or are you in a complex with a shared satellite dish?
What are you hoping to acheive, with your receiver?

Fishneedbikes

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a zhone GPON 2427a -eu installed in an apartment in Spain. It supplies broadband & tv. I was hoping to connect a dreambox (ZGemma H.2S) to the Zphone but do not understand how to or even it its possible.
My Location
Malaga spain
Welcome to the forum Michael.
You seem to have some things mixed up.
Dreamboxes are Enigma 2 based receivers, the Zgemma star H.2S is a satellite receiver but it's not a dreambox.
From an internet search the Zhone ZNID-GPON-2427A-EU appears to be an internet router.
All you need to do is connect your receiver, to your router, using the cable that should have been provided, install an image, on your Zgemma star H.2S, if it hasn't got one loaded already, then go into the menu, network, and use the wizard to set up a connection.
Can you please provide more information, regarding your satellite set up.
Do you have your own satellite dish or are you in a complex with a shared satellite dish?
What are you hoping to acheive, with your receiver?
Hi, thanks for the quick reply. I'm afraid you've already lost me! I want to connect the dreambox as the existing Zphone only provides a few channels. The dreambox instructions say to connect the cable from dish to it but i have no dish. The Zphone router provides me with broadband and a few channels but there are no cables coming from outside. I presume the Zphone is providing the channels through internet... i want to use the wifi that the zphone is providing and connect my dreambox to the tv. But as i have no incoming signal cable i am at a loss. I might be better to bring home with me? Thanks again for the reply, i have been trying to work this out for days now! Michael

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
The dreambox is a Zgemma H.2s.

Your first post states that your Dreambox is a Zgemma H.2S.
Dreamboxes are different receivers, with different models, Dreambox 8000HD, for example, the first thing we need to know is the make/model of your satellite receiver.
Your receiver might be capable of running Kodi v 17.3, a plugin that allows you to view a wide variety of movies, television shows, and events, using your internet connection.
If you have a Zgemma Star H.2S, you can watch some videos, on youtube, which might help.

Fishneedbikes

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Malaga spain
Your first post states that your Dreambox is a Zgemma H.2S.
Dreamboxes are different receivers, with different models, Dreambox 8000HD, for example, the first thing we need to know is the make/model of your satellite receiver.
Your receiver might be capable of running Kodi v 17.3, a plugin that allows you to view a wide variety of movies, television shows, and events, using your internet connection.
If you have a Zgemma Star H.2S, you can watch some videos, on youtube, which might help.
Hi, i read through that original post about 10 times and still mixed it up. Sorry for confusion. The dreambox is the zgemma which i have not yet connected. I looked at your videos which were very helpful. I learned that the zgemma needs an LNB in which i have not got and is the crooks of my problem. I might give a local installer a shout and maybe they will make a house call. Other than that i can bring the dreambox home and will use your video to install that other software. Thanks again, Michael

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
The ZGemma is not a Dreambox.

Only a Dreambox is a Dreambox.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
The Zgemma doesn't need a LNB, if you're only planning to use it over the internet.
Kodi, and IPTV, does not require a satellite dish, and LNB, they just need to be set up.
You really need to do some basic reading, especially regarding your receiver, IPTV, and Kodi.
The only way you're going to learn is by trying yourself, firstly by connecting your receiver, to your television, then going into the menu options, and finding out what image you have.
As mentioned, by Lazarus, a Dreambox, and Zgemma star, are two different receivers, it's like saying I have a Ferrari, and my Ferrari is called a Citroen.
Both are cars but you can't call a Citroen a Ferrari.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Oh, I don't know. Some go-faster stripes and a cheap spoiler, maybe?!