Control moteck DiSEqC DG 2100 with PCI card!

glarus

Reaction score
hello there,
a little bit late to ask now as after my attempt to build up motorized system controled via PCI edned with buying one 1.2m dish, one 1m dish, one 80cm dish, Moteck DiSEq 1.2 motor, 5 lnbs, first negative feedback on ebay and more, and hasnt finished yet :)
Now I need only the PCI card to watch and dont want to end up buying every brand and model of them again.
I know there are many threads about PCI card. I have chosen

DVB-S / Sat Tuner Karte VisionPlus + FB + SkyDSL + Text

btw what do you think about it? I know, it's !!Expensive!! Well the price is the only parameter which makes sense to the newbie :)
it supports DiSEqC 1.2 and has got 400mA LNB max supply current. Moteck DiSEqC 1.2 2100 motor has got 350mA max consumption. So do you think that the DiSEqC from this card will rotate the dish???? Could you recommend any other PCI card that supports DiSEqC 1.2?
THANKS
p/s: glarus apologizes for any headaches this lame quiestion might have caused you.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It is a TwinHan clone card, so should be fine. Always a bit suspicious of eBay sellers who do not accept Paypal or credit card though.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
They have a good feedback rating of 99.8% on 3633 items.

Like a lot of ebayers they may well take PayPal but don't like the fact that they cannot pass on the charges anymore (ebay do not allow this now).

They can still offer you PayPal when you contact them and they are then allowed to pass on the 5% most take for using that payment.

A money transfer will cost you around £20 and a Euro cheque £12 so makes PayPal instant payment look good value even with 5% added.

As for the price - don't know much about these cards but isn't £40 cheap?

It has DiSEqC 1.2 so it should move the dish without another connection.

glarus

Reaction score
gameboy said:
They have a good feedback rating of 99.8% on 3633 items.

Like a lot of ebayers they may well take PayPal but don't like the fact that they cannot pass on the charges anymore (ebay do not allow this now).

They can still offer you PayPal when you contact them and they are then allowed to pass on the 5% most take for using that payment.

A money transfer will cost you around £20 and a Euro cheque £12 so makes PayPal instant payment look good value even with 5% added.

As for the price - don't know much about these cards but isn't £40 cheap?

It has DiSEqC 1.2 so it should move the dish without another connection.
thanks m8...very heplful. I also though so... asked the seller and he answered that it wouldnt be able to drive the motor but he might be more incompetent than me - that Moteck motor uses the same power supply as the LNB so it should work.
Tell us what do you think about http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38863&item=5119607704&rd=1
btw What card do you use?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Use a Mac so no card - Dreambox in my sights.

Cannot imaging a PC Card that has DiSEq option that won't move the dish - but then I may be wrong (I'm good at that!).

Power has to go through the cable to switch polarity of the LNB but I don't know if the motor requires too much.

DiSEq 1.2 does other things than move the dish so maybe the answer is here.

Someone here will know I'm sure...

prof

Reaction score
My Location
In the spare room.
Hi Glarus,
Recently bought skystar2 from them, £46 inc. p&p no hassle.

glarus

Reaction score
gameboy said:
DiSEq 1.2 does other things than move the dish so maybe the answer is here.
wow, didn't know that. If I use other card skystar2 for instance which supports DiSEq 1.0 will it move the dish?

prof answered my question befere I could submit it :)
thanks prof
btw what motor do you use?????

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Most of the popular satellite cards will move a motor, but they are on the edge of their power supply capabilities.

The Skystar2 and Skystar1 will, I believe that the Twinhan will also.

You need to ensure that the make and model you choose is supported by the popular 3rd party software viewers, or you will end up with a free to air system. Have a look at DVBNetworks, link in Nobbly's Big Links, in the satellite forums section.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Many of the users here have been using the SS1 and 2 to drive Moteck SG-2100 motors (me included), works well. :)

carp52

Reaction score
rolfw said:
Many of the users here have been using the SS1 and 2 to drive Moteck SG-2100 motors (me included), works well. :)
hi, just found this forum tonight hunting around for solutions because ime having problems with ss2 and Moteck SG-2100 as in i cant get the motor to turn remotely only by pressing the button by the motor. my ? here is how do you get it to work?.

thank in advance.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Bit more information about the sftwrae you are using will be helpful. With most of the viewers, you need a separate DiseqC plugin.

carp52

Reaction score
ProgDVB but that says Device not started and dvbviewer. extremely new to this so go easy on me.

cheers

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
You will need a plugin to move the motor.

Search out the item called 'DISEqC plugin SS2 V1.7' here :- http://www.skystar.rs.ba/programi.html

...but it sounds like you may have other problems to sort out first.
Can you watch satellite TV on your setup as it is?

If so, then you're ok. Just plug this in. Instructions included in that pack. Make sure you replace the correct version of your Technisat driver. Come back if you need more help.

STICK