• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

controlling sky+ with normal remote- is it possible

My Satellite Setup
pace sky+
My Location
northwest
hi ppli have just purchased a pace sky+ box off flea bay (with remote) works fine everything good, but was just wondering as i have magic eye in bedroom is it possible to program a normal remote to control the basic functions of the sky+ box ie changing channels. or do i need to purchase another sky+ remote thanxs in advancejohn

bigtee

My Satellite Setup
Sky; Raven 90 multi-LNB 1W,5E, 7E, 9E, 13E 16E, 19E, 28E; 60cm Triax dish on Moteck SG2100 motor; Various Receivers
My Location
Kent, UK
Info below snaffled from the Satcure website:

">Question:
>How can I control my SKY+ Digibox with an ordinary remote control?

To reprogram the sky remote to control the sky+ box.

The sequence is:

* TV
* Hold Blue+select until LED flash twice
* Select
* Sky

Now the sky remote up and down channel buttons change the channels on a sky+ box.

To revert back, enter this sequence again but press the zero button instead of "2"."

bigtee

My Satellite Setup
Sky; Raven 90 multi-LNB 1W,5E, 7E, 9E, 13E 16E, 19E, 28E; 60cm Triax dish on Moteck SG2100 motor; Various Receivers
My Location
Kent, UK
Also to use 2nd remote in another room, RF Outlet in Sky+ Box must be switched to "ON". (Services 4 0 1 on Remote).

My Satellite Setup
pace sky+
My Location
northwest
hi thanks for reply, tried it and it works!! but only can use up and down arrow, but tried same sequence but replaced 2 with 1 and everything works!!! all except the record button of course.cheers boys