Copying my Sky card?

gregor22

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky
My Location
leicestershire
ok so ive done some looking about but cant find any direct answer to my problem , i have 2 sky boxes 1 at home the other at my mrs house , i have a full sky subscription movies sport ect. at my house , but not at my girlfriends, now i know you can copy the cards so that i can have wot i have at my mrs house BUT DONT NO HOW TO DO IT ? do i need a card reader/writer and just read the card then save the data put a old sky card in and rewrite the data on this card with box key of the full subscription box? i dont want to go down the route of internet connection ect. i just want to copy my card to put in another box can some one point me to a tutorial that acturley works please and tells me exactley how to do it IE if i need programs to load for reader/writer or any other info thanks

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
You can not copy sky cards, if you could everyone would be doing so. Why not just take your card to your girl friends house, when you're visiting? You can get a cheap dreambox that can be set up to read it.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
gregor22 said:
ok so ive done some looking about but cant find any direct answer to my problem , i have 2 sky boxes 1 at home the other at my mrs house , i have a full sky subscription movies sport ect. at my house , but not at my girlfriends, now i know you can copy the cards so that i can have wot i have at my mrs house BUT DONT NO HOW TO DO IT ? do i need a card reader/writer and just read the card then save the data put a old sky card in and rewrite the data on this card with box key of the full subscription box? i dont want to go down the route of internet connection ect. i just want to copy my card to put in another box can some one point me to a tutorial that acturley works please and tells me exactley how to do it IE if i need programs to load for reader/writer or any other info thanks

Nice first post bud... You are asking on a UK based forum how to defraud the UK's biggest pay tv provider.

As my collegue has said there is absolutely no way to copy Sky subscription cards, so you can forget that idea straight away.

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
hello,
you can not copy the card but you can copy the box.
if you have standard d or high deff.
you can get a dm 500 box and set it up with the same box number as the box at home.
then when you go over just put the card in and see everything you want.
so what you have is 2 boxes the same but using the same card only one at a time.
its faster than swaping the box.
and the free to air should work as well.
ralph