Coship CDVB2300A positioning query

G

GotMyBusPass

I have the above receiver IMHO great value for a FTA receiver, very sensitive, drags in more channels than my Technomate 5000DA.
One problem that I have is that I can set the position for the stored satellites with no problem (43east to 15west are factory installed). But when I then go to install the extra satellites that I can see from my location ie 22west to 58west and 39east, I find that the first half dozen factory installed satellites have lost their stored positions ie when selectiong Hotbird/Asra1/Asra2/Atlantic1/Express3 etc the dish will not move except when I move it manually. I then re-save the position and find that I cannot move to one of the other satellites except manually.
Anyone had a similar fault, and have they sorted it?
Or have I got a friday afternoon receiver and need to send it back.
Any input gratefully received
GMBP:)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Will try mine at the weekend GMBP, not connected at the moment, as I'm playing with the Digiquest P2000 and St@rsat and also trying to get my IP camera so that it can be seen from the web (only been at it for three days so far) :)

G

GotMyBusPass

Cheers Rolfw

Excuse my ignorance, but what in blazes is an IP camera?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It's a CCTV camera that plugs into a network GMBP. The idea is that I can type in the address of my computer from anywhere in the world and be presented with a web page for my camera with my camera's view allowing pan and tilt functions.

If I get it working I'll give you a demo. :)

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP 125 L, Smart Titanium lnb with CD-80 feedhorn, Moteck SG-2500, Azbox HD Premium+, some 5 meters of good quality coax
My Location
Sweden
Have you tried editing channel lists in your pc and then upload them to the reciever?Can't remember that I had that problem when I was doing that with the stock firmware installed.You can upload .txt and satco dx. channel lists
(settings)

G

GotMyBusPass

@ Rolfw

Cheers, thanks for that information, best of luck with the project.

@steffan_st
Thanks for your input, but not being computer literate am rather loathe to try anything that complicated. I am a nuts & bolts man at heart, I just carried out building and installation work on earth stations during my working life and never got involved in computers except for word-processing/writing reports. If this computer starts playing up I just turn it off and forget it for a few days and then do a restore to a previous date. But that is just me.
Thanks anyhow for your input.